Sign in to follow this  

Street Legal CRF450 in Florida........What do I need to do......???

Really thinking about changing my 02' crf450 to the street and what I need to do to make it have a Florida plate.......? chrome-crf where are you.....??

Plus, all the parts needed to do this?? Webs sites?

Thanks for any input!! 😢

ive got a NJ titled 2003 CRF450 for sale.

you could just but it. . .

Haha David, I thought you would never ask 😢. I don't mean to sound negative but getting a plate is going to be tough no matter how you do it. I ended up titling mine in Colorado and then transferring the title back here. There are a few ways to do it though. I believe Vermont will title a bike no matter where you live. You can get the paperwork and send it in but check into it to make sure. For your wheels, there are many choices but I would go with Jeff at east coast wheels since he is so close. Light kit and stator from Electrex, flywheel from Trailtech, brakes from east coast or motostrano, speedo from trailtech, thats all I can think of for now. If you do decide to do this, I guarantee you will have the most fun you've ever had on two wheels. I'm surprised I'm not in jail yet 😢

If you do decide to do this, I guarantee you will have the most fun you've ever had on two wheels.

2 wheels? Don't you mean 50% 1 wheel 50% 2 wheels? 😢

Thanks guys........(Chris)!! 😢

I guess I'll look into the Vermont thing, but someone told me they are not doing that now. I guess we will see. 😢

Okay, here's what I came up with:

Vermont Reg./Tax and Title Application

So on that Application, what mileage do I put in??

Plus, do I just say that I'm moving to Vermont from Florida and just want to have the plate already when I move there??

I'm going to call them 1st before I do anything.

Any Help would be Great!! 😢

Just put this in the General Forum too.

I will put you in touch with somebody who has done it so they can tell you what forms you will need 😢

Ripper_65,

If it works for you, can you send me an email and let me know what you did. I have a 03 I want a tag for.

Thanks 😢

I'm in NY and I am thinking of putting my 300exc on the road. I have heard that Vermont is the best way and then transfer the title to your own state. Not sure though. I was also thinking of just takign my bikes VIN off the neck down to NYS DMV and see if they will make my a title. There is a sticker that says "For off road use only" but thats a stciker and can be taken off. IDK if DMV will fall for it. Anyone got any useful info I can use?

Can someone pm me plz ??? with how to do this

I been trying to find out but no one seems to wana pm me....

I need to know so i can do it lol

Thats cus the thread is 4 years old lol. Regardless if someone finds out how to get plated in FL I would really appreciate a PM. Thanks.