Sign in to follow this  

District 7

pretty self-explanatory really. the D7 officials are butt-buddies with (and members of) a few of the local offroad clubs, like the SMDR and BCTRA. these clubs, most of which don't even have their own tracks, are given almost all of the D7 points races each year, leaving the actual mx tracks (the ones listed in the PDF) to fight over 1 or 2 D7 points races every year. well they got fed up and are leaving D7 to start their own race series.

the only thing that is unclear is whether a points system will be instituted in this new series so that racers can advance through the classes as they would in district races, basically, whether they will be AMA sanctioned or not. 😢

Curious though - what does it matter if they are AMA sanctioned?

Race, get good. If you are whoomping on the A field in the D7 renegade series, jump into a "real" district race in the A class and ram on up to Pro.

Sometimes more organization is not so good.

From the post on the D7 fourm, it doesn't sound like a final decision has been made as of yet. I would assume they need to do something quick since the schedules are due. I am just waiting to see how the average rider that likes to race once in a while like myself is going to get screwed.

Anyway, here is the link to the other side of the story.

http://www.amadistrict7.com/d7forums/index.php?showtopic=323

i dont think it will cause all that much trouble. this really only effects the expert points races, because these are the BIG races that track owners want because they bring in alot of money to their tracks.. but D7 only has like 7 or 8 of them in a year and gives most of them to the trailrider clubs. they could easily double the amount of expert point races in a year and spread them out amoung more tracks, but they won't do it for some reason. but anyways, all the races will still be AMA sanctioned (AMA and D7 are two different things), even with the new series being created, there will still be just as many D7 expert points races as there always were (not enough) only now, rather than relying on D7 to provide the tracks with expert points races (which D7 refuses to make more of and share with more tracks) the tracks are starting their own big series with cash and prize payouts to the expert classes, rather than district points.

basically, by banding together, the tracks can promote a big race series and attract expert riders to participate.. without having to rely on D7 points payouts to lure them in.

this shouldn't affect anything really, it will only make for bigger, more interesting races. and points still go to C and B class racers regardless. this is all about EXPERT points, and attracting experts to race at these tracks.

does that make sense? 😢

Yea, it does make sense and I get that it's basically for the experts. I am coming from the standpoint of the "C" class rider that wants to go to the track and have a good time with other riding buddies and have some stories to tell. Usually, when the races are on the larger side, things get more stuffy and less fun. I know you didn't check any of the Delmarva races out this year, but that series (although I only did 2 races) was fun. I understand and agree that the tracks benefit from big races. But, what influence is this going to have when it comes time to make the race schedule for the season. That's what I am curious to see.

i'm sure that even if the events are bigger, the chill-factor will be in full swing around our pit area. 😢 i plan on racing alot this year, i'm about 99% healthy now and plan on staying that way (or better). anyways, i'm sure we'll get to race together this year and goal number one (besides winning) will be to have fun and relax.

d, are you thinkin about racing budds creek on the 21st? so far i am, and scott and greg are, prolly a few others by the time it rolls around. this will be my first race on the 450 (finally) and my first race since my knee injury. i plan on getting a trophy! 😢

i am torn between the budds mx and the delaware hare scramble. i have not been riding much in the past two months, but i'm racing that weekend. 😢 i'll let you know which one i decide on.

you know i just got the flyer for the bluediamond harescramble in the mail yesterday and was like "cool" until i saw that it was on the 21st. i'm not positive, but i could swear that last year also, they scheduled that same HS on the very same day as the only November budds race. do they do that on purpose?

for myself, personally, no other race can compete with a budds creek mx. i'll pretty much always choose budds over another track. anyways, i hope you do budds too.. and if it makes you feel any better, i haven't raced since the very beginning of summer! so we'll both be scraping off some rust. me more than you even!

man you need to check out the farm too, i'll be there tomorrow. it's more badass than ever. actually, it was never badass, but now it is 😢 call me if you're interested.

I don't think you guys will be disappointed about missing the Delaware HS. They just ran an enduro there this past weekend and everything I read about it said it was a total swamp. If the HS is run on the same course it's supposedly in a swampland that doesn't dry out. Doesn't sound as much fun as Budds.

Go to the district 7 web site and read the presidents corner. Seems to me that a self appointed, select group is trying to "hord" all of the points races. And if dist 7 doesn't play "they" are going to take their marbles and go home? To grow moto we have to spread out the races to All of the tracks in the district. Those racers that are running the whole series for points, whether it be C rider or A rider, they'll travel.

Bill