Sign in to follow this  

guys, guys, guys, seat cover help needed for a 20 year old bike!

in building mt 1985 rm125/xr200. i need a new seat cover. i see i can buy a stock repleacement from ceet but i dont want it suzuki blue. i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get somthing like a gripper seat or maybe somthing off a dif bike that has a big seat. my seat is almost itentical to the 1986-02 xr200. does anyone know if the make after market cover the the xr200 or mabye the older xr250/350/600? i also thought maybe a big cover off an banshee or trx250R. anyway i am looking for a dif color then blue. the bike will be redone yellow and black so i am leaning towards just solid black. any info would be nice, cant use my cover cuz it had 5 holes in it and it weather from being out side for 4 years.

Ceet used to sell sheets of gripper fabric. Check a Parts Unlimited catalog to see if they still have it.

Remove the old cover and make a pattern off of it and build a new one. 😢

I see seat covers for older bikes for sale on Ebay all the time, run a quick search, I bet theres one there!

Robert 😢

sweet thats just what i want, since i dont want stock blue, as of now. wish more people companies made after market covers for old bike, i guess they thing after 15-20 years people dont need a good seat over!

Check with your local upholstery shop. I've had many done and most of the time they come out looking very good. Should run anywhere from $35.00 to about $60.00

no i do it myself, i just want to use gripping seat covering on this 20 year old mx bike, thats what i wanted to know if they made them the xr200 since my seat is to the sam dimensions then i could just use a dif model's and get what i want.