Sign in to follow this  

Waterman Indoor

Going to Waterman Indoor tonight. Never been there. Is it a good place to ride for a beginner?

i was there on monday, its awesome ive been there about 4 times the whoops are changed though because on monday me and my friends rented the track and branden jessman was there, and kody molitor, and some other pros for a RACER X photoshoot. we got to be in it! but the whoops might be a little hard for you, or this one corner was a rutty and muddy in there, but other than that the track is awesome!

have fun!

I used to work at Tuf and the owner of Tuf owns this track as well. Its a pretty cool track and the best one I know of in IL that you can ride in a thunderstorm or when its 30 degrees out!

I haven't been there in a little while, but I heard they changed it up a little bit. Its a good track to learn on when it comes to more technical riding for sure 😢

yamaha329, thats cool that you got to ride with those guys. They ride for the Tuf arenacross team and I actually used to work with Kody at tuf. Hes a super cool kid and not your typical "I'm too cool" A rider.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Wow, the track was a bit too technical for me. I ended up singleing everything. Not very good at jumping rythmn sections and definately need to know how to jump there. I'll have to try one of the classes taught there. Anyway I'll be at Sunset this weekend to hopefully get my confidence back.

kody is really fast!slow your should take a Jeff Hill school i took 2 schools at the indoor track (waterman) and it helped me alot at the indoor track and the outdoor track!

Yeah Jeff is a good guy that has been an A rider for a long time now. Hes been doing schools for a while now too so he knows what hes doing. He used to work at Tuf too so I worked with him as well! 😢

yeah i see jeff working at TUF all the time, at least during August he did alot. You work at tuf Matt228?

I did from August 2002 through this past May. I worked there while I was going to NIU, but now I dun grajiated so I don't live up there anymore.

...but now I dun grajiated so I don't live up there anymore.

...with honors, it looks like. Your Ma & Pa must be real pround of their youngin'.

😢 :cry:

oh that is cool, TUF is awesome.

Yeah, they're alright. It was a lot of fun working there, that for sure.

😢

are you going to waterman this weekend on sunday? the first race of their 8 race series, all byrons remaining races have been cancelled.

all byrons remaining races have been cancelled.

What happened? 😢

Aarron got mad cause only 3 people showed up? 😢

yeah, on sunday for the first no points race aaron was like do you guys want to practice or race, then we had to vote...then aaron was like anything is fine with me. but we raced, so i guess now on the sundays are practices, then aaron said if the weather is nice were gonna have opne ride until christmas