Sign in to follow this  

Sunday Ride at Georgetown

Looks like a lot of people will be at PC this Sunday for the hare scrambles (including a few of my riding buddies) so hopefully g-town will be less crowded?? Anyways wanted to find out if there is any interest in riding there this sunday. The trails are in awesome condition and the riding is as good as it gets right now! 😢

I was gonna help fester, but I can't pass up perfect GT. I'm in for that, unless I go with Superslkco ride at elkins....hmmm too many Good choices..all depends on my sat ride plans.

Georgetown is awesome good these days

I might be up for this one. I was hoping to ride there today, but I called the GT ranger station this morning and the trails are closed. 1.54" of rain since yesterday, and still raining. Should finish the 48 hour dryout period Saturday afternoon or evening and be open again Sunday. 😢

I'm also thinking about the Elkins ride Sunday, but I don't think conditions will be as good there. Probably still a lot of snow. I might drive up that way this afternoon and check it out. If so I'll post on my observations. 😢

GEORGETOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unless I go to Clear Creek all weekend.

check the conditions Oldedude and report back , then tell that XR400 hot dog superslkco to get with the program and ride the Rock Creek velcro

I'm also thinking about the Elkins ride Sunday, but I don't think conditions will be as good there. Probably still a lot of snow. I might drive up that way this afternoon and check it out. If so I'll post on my observations. 😢

How much snow is up at Elkins? I was thinking of riding there saturday with heckler and motomanfan. Should we be looking elswhere 😢

just called the GT ranger at Noon Thursday. the rain has stopped. They are on the 48 hour closed down cycle. The place could open at noon on saturday........... Sunday will be a TREAT.

How much snow is up at Elkins? I was thinking of riding there saturday with heckler and motomanfan. Should we be looking elswhere 😢

Check out my post in this thread - Sunday Elkins Ride

I guess it just depends on your point of view. Could be a lot of fun if you don't mind blasting through some snowy places, and maybe having to backtrack if it gets too bad, or it could suck if you don't like the snow and being wet, etc. The lower trails, like trail 25, should be a blast either way. 😢

thanks for the report oldeparty dude. 😢 like I said, unless I go away for the whole weekend, which is looking less and less, I'm Riding Georgetown on Sunday. I'll be at the corner kitchen at 7 am...and at mace mills by 730. 😢

That snowy slop burger Elkins ride is for the birds.

change of plans: Boomer and I are headed to CLEAR CREEK! this weekend. have a good ride on sunday at GT it will be nice there. Come on down and ride CC with us. see the other posts by dvmpete and me.

Looks like a lot of people will be at PC this Sunday for the hare scrambles (including a few of my riding buddies) so hopefully g-town will be less crowded?? Anyways wanted to find out if there is any interest in riding there this sunday. The trails are in awesome condition and the riding is as good as it gets right now! 😢

I'm in. Should we say Mace Mills @ 8:00?

sounds like a plan, going to be cold as fook, at least I wont need a cooler for the beers. 😢