Sunday Ride at Georgetown

Looks like a lot of people will be at PC this Sunday for the hare scrambles (including a few of my riding buddies) so hopefully g-town will be less crowded?? Anyways wanted to find out if there is any interest in riding there this sunday. The trails are in awesome condition and the riding is as good as it gets right now! ?

I might be up for this one. I was hoping to ride there today, but I called the GT ranger station this morning and the trails are closed. 1.54" of rain since yesterday, and still raining. Should finish the 48 hour dryout period Saturday afternoon or evening and be open again Sunday. ?

I'm also thinking about the Elkins ride Sunday, but I don't think conditions will be as good there. Probably still a lot of snow. I might drive up that way this afternoon and check it out. If so I'll post on my observations. ?

I'm also thinking about the Elkins ride Sunday, but I don't think conditions will be as good there. Probably still a lot of snow. I might drive up that way this afternoon and check it out. If so I'll post on my observations. ?

How much snow is up at Elkins? I was thinking of riding there saturday with heckler and motomanfan. Should we be looking elswhere ?

How much snow is up at Elkins? I was thinking of riding there saturday with heckler and motomanfan. Should we be looking elswhere ?

Check out my post in this thread - Sunday Elkins Ride

I guess it just depends on your point of view. Could be a lot of fun if you don't mind blasting through some snowy places, and maybe having to backtrack if it gets too bad, or it could suck if you don't like the snow and being wet, etc. The lower trails, like trail 25, should be a blast either way. ?

thanks for the report oldeparty dude. ? like I said, unless I go away for the whole weekend, which is looking less and less, I'm Riding Georgetown on Sunday. I'll be at the corner kitchen at 7 am...and at mace mills by 730. ?

That snowy slop burger Elkins ride is for the birds.

Looks like a lot of people will be at PC this Sunday for the hare scrambles (including a few of my riding buddies) so hopefully g-town will be less crowded?? Anyways wanted to find out if there is any interest in riding there this sunday. The trails are in awesome condition and the riding is as good as it gets right now! ?

I'm in. Should we say Mace Mills @ 8:00?