Sign in to follow this  

Building a Track

I have a section of field all blocked off about 600' x 400' and I have a D4 dozer for the weekend along with my New Holland tractor with a bucket. Field is pretty well flat, so it would be hard to use the natural terrain to my advantage... Can it be done? my design is 6 left hand corners, two right hand corners, three doubles, three table tops, a roller and a good long whoop section. Should be a fast track, with some good air if I get get enough dirt scraped up for it. What do you guys think.

Man your lucky as my teacher rambles on and on about quantem physics and the space and time continum i am off dreaming about the track that would fit perfectly in my yard and in my neighbors yard. The dirt would be a soft medium compound and corners would vary from berms to ruts to flat. The straights would be laden with all sorts of jumps and obstacles.

Scrape the area first to accumulate the dirt you think you need...then scrape some more. Don't dig out for your different elements. If you do that, those areas will fill with water.

It's a bummer to have a nice tacky track and these 'pudding pits' with standing water. 😢

You can never have too much dirt. Keep scrapin'. 😢

leave out the table tops. they take too much dirt. you've got decent space to work with. could you dig a pond to harvest some more dirt? you may want to water one day. also and not to sound like a lawyer, but get a waver. i'm sure no problem with your bros, but your bro's buds could get skechy. better safe!