Sign in to follow this  

Legal or Ilegal

Hi I live in San Antonio Texas and i was wondering if riding my xr250 on the sidewalk while im on a street is legal or not. Also.. Am i allowed to say cross a crosswalk if im trying to get to a ditch on the other side. I was wondering if anyone knew about riding on sidewalks or the little grassy areas next to sidewalks while on a street. thanks! 😢

I found out that cops around here dont like it no matter wherre you ride... I had them stop while we were resting along the RR tracks...

And by riding on side walks for more than a few feet would not be good b/c if a cop does see you he will stop you but probably will only give you a warning... That is here in PA anyways...

I got caught 3 times... where they took my name down...and i'd say 5 or 6 where they didnt take my name but just a warining.

Just don't make the people mad on the street and you might be OK?? wouldn't try it though

Well it's called a side WALK not a side RIDE so I would have to think making your sidewalk part of some sick Super Motard track would be a NO-NO

I would be walking it, not even sitting on it, anywhere around a road where a vehicle is supposed to be licensed. Not worth getting in trouble about it.

I live up in East Texas, and the Texas highway patrol pulled me over for riding the ditches along side of a highway, he said anything between the fence line on both sides were state property, he also mentioned that my crossing a road was illegal too.

I don't see a problem with pushing your bike. What would happen if you were walking with a bicycle, or a baby buggy, or a motorcycle without a motor.... what if you were just puching a tire down the sidewalk?

My point is that it doesn't matter what you're walking with. If you are walking it is LEGAL, so long as you're not carrying drugs/guns, etc.

You mentioned that you'd be pushing your bike, if it's legal to walk on the side of the street maybe you should push the bike on the side of the street.

my $.02

That would be about as legal as it would be to ride my CBR 600 on the sidewalk.... In any just about any downtown area in Colorado, its not even legal to ride a bicycle or skateboard on the sidewalk, much less anything with a motor.