Sign in to follow this  

Any VP-U4 on the front range?

Anybody know of a place that sells VP-U4 fuel in Denver, CS or Pueblo?

Have you tried Lanier's Speed Shop? I know they have race gas, but not sure of the brand. If they don't have it, they may know who will.

'Dog, you breaking in the new CRF in the Texas two day?

In the Springs, I go to Red Chief(?) Petro.

They have really good race gas, but I run pump fuel unless I'm going to a race.

They are just west of the I-25 /hwy24 interchange. Go to the first light on 24, turn right, then a quick left across traffic. Follow the alley back to Red Chief.

That's usually where I get my gas from too Prof, but don't think it's VP brand. My SX doesn't like the oxy crap we have to run here in the winter.

Anybody know of a place that sells VP-U4 fuel in Denver, CS or Pueblo?

Give this place a call:

Big T High Performance LLC

2577 E. 79th Ave. Unit B

Denver, CO 80229

720-872-2414

The owner was very knowledgeable when I got some VP U2

for my 2 bangers there just 2 weeks ago. He has been doing

a lot of testing with some RMXA MX teams and seems to know

what he is talking about.

Check PM's as well.

There is a place on Santa Fe and Union right before Steele's Salvage yard frontage road for Santa Fe. It is a Phillips 66 and they sell a variety of race gas. I can't think of the name its in Englewood. Go Santa Fe to Union(west)take first right and you will run right into it.

That's usually where I get my gas from too Prof, but don't think it's VP brand. My SX doesn't like the oxy crap we have to run here in the winter.

Neither does my YZ... FWIW, I think their brand is Phillips66 and they don't take credit cards for race gas sales. Last I bought was around $3.20 a gallon.

It's that time of year again isn't it?...

Merf

Neither does my YZ... FWIW, I think their brand is Phillips66 and they don't take credit cards for race gas sales. Last I bought was around $3.20 a gallon.

It's that time of year again isn't it?...

Merf

When I had a YZ426 if you tried to run the oxy pump gas

crap you would foul a plug "GUARANTEED". I tended to get

my gas at the corner of Rt 52 and I25 since they did not

sell Oxy gas at the time.

EXACTLY the problem I had. It'd run like a champ all day, but would not start the next day until I put a fresh plug in it. I had many "discussions" with the local shop and I'm sure they think I'm an idiot, but the results are pretty cut and dried. Run oxy fuel, foul a plug. Run race gas, don't foul a plug. Maybe I am an idiot, but I'm an idiot that doesn't foul plugs. 😢

Merf

That is exactly what would happen to me. Run fine, then

then the next day, fouled the plug trying to start it.

Replace plug, worked well, next day, fouled plug trying

to start it. The rest of that gas went in the car and I

got some non-oxy gas and never had another problem.

"I may be an idiot, but it only took 2 tries for me to

figure it out!" 😢

In my defense:

A) I got the bike mid-winter and just figured I had jetting problems. Ran fine during the following summer but started fouling when we got the crappy fuel.

😢 You're a smarter idiot than I! 😢

Merf

There is a place on Santa Fe and Union right before Steele's Salvage yard frontage road for Santa Fe. It is a Phillips 66 and they sell a variety of race gas. I can't think of the name its in Englewood. Go Santa Fe to Union(west)take first right and you will run right into it.

Duggans petroleum.TT111 is $4 a gallon.it leaded but not oxygenated.very consistent and burns super clean.doesnt turn to varnish like pump fuels.

they do sell some 100 octane unleaded stuff,but i find it to be inconsistent.

just fyi U4 is highly oxygenated.i highly suggest everyone does some research on race fuels before just buying whatever.

there many different flavors.

if you go by Duggans they have a pamphlet for the fuels they carry.good reading.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Actually I've tried the TT111 that Chief Petro. sells and the CRF started and ran better on pump gas! My compression is 12.5:1 and I get no detonation on pump gas so high octane isn't whats needed.

Really looking for the extra O2 in the VP-U4. At this altitude I think we all need all the O2 we can get. I know the turbo on my truck does a great job of scrounging up more O2 for the engine.

the tt111 made your jetting a bit richer.if its a little rich to begin with,it was worse with the race fuel.

the tt111 made your jetting a bit richer.if its a little rich to begin with,it was worse with the race fuel.

That makes sense. It was the middle of summer when I tried the TT111. Also, I notice the bike loses just a bit snap in the summer. I think the mixture gets a tad rich in the warmer & thinner air. I probably should switch jetting in the summer but I'm just too dang lazy, and it runs great in the cooler months.

Really looking for the extra O2 in the VP-U4. At this altitude I think we all need all the O2 we can get. I know the turbo on my truck does a great job of scrounging up more O2 for the engine.

That is why I ended up with VP-U2 (5 or 6% O2) for the 2 banger. I was using Sunoco GT100 (2.7% O2) until the station that sold it closed this summer. Then I found a place that carried Rockett 100 (2.9% O2) which was great, but the owner decicided he did not want to carry it in the winter since he would not sell enough of it. I was once again forced to look for a race gas supplier. I finally found the source above, he seems like a reliable supplier, which is what I am after since I am sick of having to rejet my bike to different fuels on the whim of a supplier deciding not to carry the fuel anymore.

Pump gas is not an option for one of my bikes since I have had engine work done to it.

VP has a website with info on all the gases as well as where to buy in your area...at least last time I checked it out. I run Klotz race gas personally.