Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust upgarde for 2004 KLX 300R?

I read that the best gain in powerband while maintaining an acceptable noise level is the pro circuit disc muffler and a thumper racing head pipe. What do they mean by disc muffler? Has anyone used this combo and what do you think? Is the Stroker sx1 very loud? Any suggestions?

Your best bet is to just replace the head pipe with any of the aftermarket units. The stock one is a carry over from the KLX250. The stock muffler with the butt plug removed works fine. I had the Stroker SX1 on my bike and removed it. Too loud and couldn't keep the packing in tact.

Ride on

Brewster

The disk silencer is basically "adjustable" for a combination of noise/performance. I'm running a Four Stroke Works Header and a Big Gun Race Series. It is deep, but it added a lot of power across the entire band. Of course if you add the header and silencer, you'll need to rejet appropriately. I recommend the dyno jet kit, and all the other "free mods" to the airbox. Your KLX will wake up!

Don

2004 KLX300R, FSw Header, Big Gun, Dyno Jet, Free Mods, WB Air Filter, Works Connection guards, Ceet Gripper cover.

FMF Q to make it quiet and still have good performance - also replacing the header with a FSW or White Bros header.

If I do change to a FSW head pipe and stay with stock muffler with plug removed...what do I need to do with regard to jetting? Thanks

There's a lot of variables like - what type of air filter, airbox lid removed, weather, altitude, etc., but probably one size up on the main jet will get you in the ballpark. 132MJ