Sign in to follow this  

Drz frame protectors , Are they needed ?!

I have the works connection guards. For most they are not needed however the way I ride with my boot placement I need them bad. I wore the frame badly on my old E. I almost wore through the clutch cover with my boot. I ride with my feet really close in. I have no frame wear with the guards on my new S. I am pretty happy with them up to this point. Well spent $50 for me since now my bike still looks new in the peg area.

Same here ...Works Connection Frame guards...They've got a lot of wear on them from my boots...That would have been on my frame without them...Good way to keep your bike looking good other than always repainting that frame area...

i put the E-Line ones on, purely for cosmetic reasons.

copy%20of%20dsc00385.jpg

thanks man! its been around here a bit. its usually out on the road being ridden (one of the benefits of working in a motorcycle shop)!

definately a money pit though. . .

Myself and my two sons race/ride drz's. All of us wore holes in our sub frames from boots rubbing. Guards are a good idea. Now I've worn right through the carbon guard as well!

I've seen the paint/finish worn off (which is enough reason for me to get frame guards) but wearing through the subframe? And the carbon guards? What kinda boots are ya'll wearing? Cause I gotta get me some of those tough mothers! 😢 :cry:

Always a small hole about half the size of a nickle on the lower left side. Tech 6 boots.

Nice boots 😢 You might try wearing them with the buckles to the outside tho 😢

Just joshing buddy 😢