Sign in to follow this  

DonO the flyer.

"I didnt know squids could fly "

I think I'm gonna change my class next HS race and aim to take out some youngin' on a GasGas 😢 :cry:

Thanks Phil, you missed the one of me going around a berm.

I don't post pic's cause I'm too modest 😢 :cry:

And you missed being there and seeing me just fall over on loamy right turns cause my R elbow just gave way, from being whacked bad, and boom I went down, painful to me but had to be a hilarious site for the spectators.

Don 😢

I think I did see it, I was looking for a 4 c-nile rider until it dawned on me that I was the one being senile. I'll go get it and post in here. 😢

Yeh from the write up on ftr's forum it sounded like great fun. remind me to kick my kid. 😢

I'm waiting for the first turn picture 😢 Keep up the good work for us old guys 😢

"I didnt know squids could fly "

I think I'm gonna change my class next HS race and aim to take out some youngin' on a GasGas 😢 :cry:

Thanks Phil, you missed the one of me going around a berm.

I don't post pic's cause I'm too modest 😢 :cry:

And you missed being there and seeing me just fall over on loamy right turns cause my R elbow just gave way, from being whacked bad, and boom I went down, painful to me but had to be a hilarious site for the spectators.

Don 😢

But first you have to be able to keep up Don🤣, besides, that Honda probably wont be able to get off the line 🤣

See West, that's how your thinking is wrong (you youngin's don't understand the principle of "thinking outside the box"). I'll just lurk in the woods and then Boom, pop out right on top of you 😢 :cry:.

Don 😢

Hey Don/Drew/Phil...

I think Scotty, Jeff and I want to try and coordinate with you guys on the FTR stuff..&%$#@!...are you gonna do all of the Hare Scrambles AND MX ?? 😢

well if I can keep my kid from giving away his crash medicine (and getting caught for it, remind me to kick him again) I plan to ride all I can with FTR. Don has already said he's addicted to the racing 😢

What hook up are you trying to do with FTR?

By the way, I am trying to set it up so I can swing over to croom with you guys next weekend, let me show you guys the FTR training trail there. It made the difference in wanting to ride there for me. 😢

We pretty much wanna do the Hare Scrambles thing.....I gotta go the work on Mondays........ 😢

HS's rock man. They are woods riding on steroids.

Riding them and practicing for them is the only time I have ever pushed myself to the limit. The rest have been sunday cruises comparatively.

hundreds of people are at the races, and for a race that cant be seen other than the timing gate thats amazing.

That's cool man...we're a bunch of woosies afraid to jump into it....that'd work...if not the 14th, we'll do it again in a week or two..........

aint no woosies to it man. saturday is the beginners race. sunday is the regular races. Beginners class is fine, but it doesnt buy you a thing, except a shorter trail.

I'll show you the FTR training trail at croom. It will provide all you need to prep with. With out a doubt. 😢

riding with friends is racing, just not as long of a duration. Thats the only difference.

See West, that's how your thinking is wrong (you youngin's don't understand the principle of "thinking outside the box"). I'll just lurk in the woods and then Boom, pop out right on top of you 😢🤣.

Don 😢

Still one prob in your plan, Ill come by so quick all you will be able to see is a blurr and then your like 😢 :cry:. 😢

Barring injuries/bike breakage, I will be riding every FTR MX and HS event. All my class events are on Sundays. Go the the FTR site (Floridatrailriders.org) and check things out. I put myself in the +45 class as a challenge (plus I'm 46 now) rather than in the beginner class (I didn't think I was a beginner). Maybe you guys should attend an event and see the action!!!

Don 😢

DonO the flyer.

Never thought I would be reading that 😢

ya, I still ride. ONF

Looks like your really getting serious about racing 😢

Bruce, Jeff lets coordinate to just go and watch one of the FTR Harescrambles, that way we can see somewhat to expect prior to jumping in. What do ya'll think?

well since we lost the rest of the thread, I'll add this.

If you are still undecided about what all is needed or what to expect, then go saturday to check things out. You will be able to join and sign up for sundays races then so you wont be stressing over it first thing sunday morning. (early signup for the Sunday races, which will be from 3:30pm - 5:30pm on Saturdays)

That should let you get a feel for things and buy your numbers and backgrounds from the vendor too.

In case you didnt get it before here's the sign-up sheet for this weekend.

http://floridatrailriders.org/flyer/BenefitHSFlyer112104.pdf

and FTR's page.

http://floridatrailriders.org