Sign in to follow this  

ATTN: Adaware users

Looks like Lavasoft has stopped supporting ver 6.

It would appear that they have also pulled a strong arm on the issue. When you attempt to download new definitions, your computer will lock-up at 5%. Your old definitions will be corrupted, and thats that!

I have uninstalled the old and downloaded the new AdawareSE, also free for personal use. judging from the traffic on the Lavasoft forums, there may be trouble with it as well.

You "Guru-types" can check it out for yourselves, but dont attempt to download new defs before checking out the lavasoft forums. Its pretty clear that the Guru's there are having trouble, meaning compu-dummies like me are guaranteed a fun time!

Robert 😢

Hmmmm... I updated my def's just last night. It did hang at 5% but the def file appeared to be OK 'cause AW ran just fine afterwards...

Thanks for the heads-up!

Merf

I just installed SE, and ran it without updating.

On my machine, scanned with old Adaware 2 days ago, and scanned with Spybot S&D [found nothing] this morning, SE found 76 objects.

I would download SE if I were you, and avoid updating it until the dust settles. The scan is more comprehensive, and the def list as downloaded, without update, is superior.

Robert 😢

Thanks Robert, I use SS&D, AdAware, SpyHunter (useless!), and Pest Patrol. I'll download the SE and see what it finds.

Merf

Be sure you have the lastest ver. AdAware SE Personal. build 1050

I just updated and ran it, it worked just fine. 😢

Thanks for the update on AdAware. I was wondering why there were no updates for the old version for several months. I updated my work computer and SE found 77 new items that the old AdAware and Spybot missed. SE found 318 new items on my home computer!!