Sign in to follow this  

Tube sizes?

I am putting together a trail side repair kit for my DRZ. This past weekends ride up in N. Ga. was an eye opener, rider had a rear flat on a XR650 2 miles from no where on a rough trail. Luckily he had a spare tube & various CO2's with all the necessary things you'd need to repair a flat.

I was shopping for tubes & noticed they come in many sizes, what size do I need for a '04 S front & rear? no rim locks in place at this time if that matters. I am running Pirelli MT21's right now (they are history soon I hate them off-road!)....full knobbies for me from now on even on pavement 😢

I ordered the Suzuki rear rack bag a few minutes ago. I plan on filling it with tire repair goodies.

Thanks

most people carry a 21" as a universal spare. it will work in an 18"wheel. i think almost any 18" for rear & 21" for front will work when you change them @ home.

As luck would have it we ended up using a 21" front tube for the rear on the XR650. Reason being we pinched the new 18" tube installing it. Then once we realized what we had done we attempted to patch it, it leaked still. We were running out of CO2 cartridges (we had 2 left) so we installed the front tube very carefully & shot the 2 cylinders in it, it was not really enough (needed 1 more) but it got us out of the woods on two wheels. 😢