Sign in to follow this  

I'm back....

Well after over a year of street riding, I'm going to get another 250f. I had an 01 250f and I'm just wondering if thier are any problems I should look for with the 05's. I've heard of the piston ring and titanium valve problems that the honda 250 are having.

So my question is what bad about these bikes since 01????

Thanks,

Gooseit

You don't own one. They are bulletproof my friend. Welcome back.

Me and two other buddies are getting 250 4 strokes in spring. They are going with Honda, and I'm going to blue like before. Never had one single problem with my 01 250f and I wish i never got rid of it. So I'm starting to shop around for an 05. If I do find a nice deal before spring, I 'll jump on it...

Gooseit

Tell you buddies to read the KXF/CRF forum because if you don't go blue, you will have your fair share of headaches 😢

Exactly!Crank problems,oil consumption, piston skirts breaking, valve adjustment/replacment often not to mention parts on back order. Sign me up for that!! 😢

So my next question is do I get an 04 or 05. I can get an 04 out the door for 4900 bucks. That sure is tempting....

I ride a 04' and love every minute of it, no complaints. $4900 is a good price IMO.

Same here. I got an 04 and love it. I seen a recent article on the 05 and the tester stated he liked the 04 better.

I think 04 YZ250F was rating as one of the best bikes of the year. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Buy a 04 and put the extra money into upgrades or get a plain 05. Brain use is required here. 😢

Keep it Down 😢

Theres been a lot of buds on here raving about the power improvement in the 05 and its lovely suspension package. Unless your saving well over a $1000 id be goin the 05. Cause youll get a $1000 bucks extra on resale, so you need to factor in whether your actually saving or just parking an extra $1000 in the newer model until you sell it. I just bought a YZ450 04 but only because I saved $2400 and the 450 seems to have fewer mods and some guys are even bagging the new power delivery. Where as the guys who have bought the 250 are absolutely raving about how good they are compared to the 04. 😢

Exactly!Crank problems,oil consumption, piston skirts breaking, valve adjustment/replacment often not to mention parts on back order. Sign me up for that!! 😢

Well I guess I gotta pop in and defend mt CRF250X. I am not a die hard Honda guy either. I still have my old 99 YZ400 and love it. Well so far I have 0 problems with my X with over 1000 miles on it. And there are many like me. We only hear about the fellas that are having the problems. I am aware of the potential for problems. And I guess seeing as I already have the bike I am prepared to deal with them if they come up. I like it that much. I have ridden yz and wr 250's/450 and love them all. They are all great bikes.

Maybe Its just me but I feel that they guys that are having valve troubles are the racers that requarly run them up against the rev limiter. And the oil issue is due to improper break in. I am not a rever and broke it in (what I feel is correct) and I have no troubles at all. Hope it stays that way.

Buy what you are comfortable with and enjoy it. They are all great bikes. 😢