Need help fixing "work" of previous owner. Taillight wiring...

Hey all. Relative DRZ400s newbie here. I've had it about a month now and love it. This is my first dirtbike. I'm amazed at how easy it is to wheelie this thing. I havent mastered shifting yet but I can get it up easily whenever I want.

Anyway, I noticed a couple days ago that my taillight isnt working, neither brake nor running light. I'm not sure if it was working before or not. I may have just noticed it. So I put in a new bulb and it still doesnt work. So I checked out the wiring and here is the mess in there.

If facing the back of the bulb(all of these splices occur in the span of about one foot...just back to where the turn signal wires branch off).:

Left wire. Thick gray to black to green to red.

Right wire. White with black stripe to black with white stripe to green.

Wire on top/side of bulb. Black with white stripe to black with white stripe to blue.

Maybe somebody could tell me which wire from the bulb is supposed to go to which wire in the harness so I can just redo it. Or any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help. And if you're ever in the San Francisco area, I'll buy you a ?

Ross

Suzuki color code is:

Black with white trace wire is ground. There will be one of those for each turn signal and one for the stop/tail light.

Right turn signal -- black wire connects to light green wire in the harness.

Left turn signal -- black wire connects to black wire in the harness.

Tail light assy -- gray wire connects to orange wire in the harness and is the tail light. White with black trace wire connects to white with black trace wire in the harness and is the brake light.

• Helpful 1