Sign in to follow this  

Glowing exhaust pipe

I just got an '02 CRF450 and was adjusting the controls last night. I started the bike up and let it idle to check the clutch and noticed the exhaust pipe glowing from the heat... basically from the head to near the guard. Has anyone else experienced this??

If your really curious touch it and see what happens. It is hottest on that part of the pipe so i would recommend not comming in contact with that when hot. When im racing i like to wrap bacon around it and cook it for breakfast and other times nice small filet migons(sp) JK

• Haha 1

hehe, I heard that the russian mafia actually got a hold of the only russian CRF and when somebody does them wrong they clamp the victim's right hand to the pipe and the left to the throttle after they stick it wide open and turn the bike on.

• Haha 1

hehe, I heard that the russian mafia actually got a hold of the only russian CRF and when somebody does them wrong they clamp the victim's right hand to the pipe and the left to the throttle after they stick it wide open and turn the bike on.

😢 :cry: Good one.

So I guess it is normal?? I just did the same thing with my 02. Anybody use some type of wrap on them ???

My 02 and now my 05 are wrapped with,scott summers pipe wrap,costs about 27 bucks ,keeps the heat in helps wih low end a bit and no more melted pants,

I noticed that (glowing head pipe) also not soon after I picked up my 04.

Mine glows all the time too, as does every four stroke.

It looks awesome, doesnt it.