Sign in to follow this  

02' YZ 250F seat and tank on 02' WR 250F

alright ive been riding my friends 04 RM125 a lot lately and really like the riding position and ergonomics(seat and gas tank combo) and if you ride a 2002 WR250F you know how the seat slopes up to a tall goofy gas tank that makes it hard to sit up on the tank or kinda get up on the bars in front of the bike on tight technical turns and stuff...and i was wondering if anyone has tried or thought about putting a yz style seat and gas tank on a WR and would it affect the seat hight too much?

A lot of people put the YZF seat and tank on the WRF. There is no change is seat height. There is at the seat tank (its a little lower) junction but not in the area where seat height is measured.

I switch the tank and seat back and forth on my 02wr. The only problem I have found (probobly just me) is that the wr radiators are wider. I find it almost easier to stay up on my tank with the wr configureation. Just seems like the shrouds jet out to much with the skinnier yz tank.

I just installed the YZ tank and SDG seat from Clark. I like the way if feels but like sndmn2 said the radiators do jut out a lot. I'm going to do a Turkey run in Mass this weekend so I will really get to feel the diff!

I have a 3.2 gal enduro seat tank combo for a wr 250.....it also fits the yz's I think.. Anyways if you are interested let me know!