Sign in to follow this  

Alpinestar Boots

I have a pair of Tech 8's (Just bought them in July) and I need to replace the sole insert. Any tips for getting the old insert out? What kind of glue did you use to install the new replacement? Any tips are welcomed. Thanks!

I've replaced insert on Tech 5 and I can easily say, WHAT A PAIN IN THE A$$!!!!

O.k., got that outta the way. Heat 'em up make em soft. You can put them in the oven on low temp or use a heat gun or hair dryer. When you order a new sole plate it comes with the glue. It is a special shoe-makers type glue. Be carefull when digging the old one out not to go too far. I never really got it to release, only dug it out with a sharp knife.

Wish I could be more help.

Good luck.

Well thanks for your honest opinion. I would imagine there should be alot of people with some advice for this. Not exactly the first thing I want to do with $300 pair of boots is to start digging the sole apart.

Well thanks for your honest opinion. I would imagine there should be alot of people with some advice for this. Not exactly the first thing I want to do with $300 pair of boots is to start digging the sole apart.

Before you do it yourself, pick up the phone book and see if there's a cobbler (shoe repair) place near you. Replacing the soles on your MX boots is pretty basic stuff for those guys and I've heard most of them do it pretty cheaply.