Sign in to follow this  

Back Tire

What effect would i have if i put a 120/90-19 back tire on my bike compared to a 110/90-19? Thanks

Bigger tire = more bite and a little taller gearing. I put on a 120 Maxxis and had to move my wheel to the rear to keep from rubbing on the shock guard. Other than that, its sweet. 😢

Be very careful with this. I have heard people having good luck and bad. Mine has been bad.

I am taking my 120 back off and just ordered a 110 to put back in its place.

Anyone want to buy a 120 Maxxis I/T w/@ 10 hrs on it? 😢

I agree, it is pretty much worthless.

I wish that I could get a picture of the side where the chain has chewed on the knobs. I dont know if it because I run the chain just a hair loose or what. I have found that for my riding style if my chain is the least bit tight then it stretches horrible.

Be very careful with this. I have heard people having good luck and bad. Mine has been bad.

I am taking my 120 back off and just ordered a 110 to put back in its place.

Anyone want to buy a 120 Maxxis I/T w/@ 10 hrs on it? 😢

Whats the bad? Pushing the front around too much (aka too much traction, suspension changes or mechanical (besides longer chain, sliding rear axle back)?

Thanks

If your chain was hitting the knobs, it was too loose. I haven't had a problem with mine. The extra beef has stopped my flat problem also. 😢