Sign in to follow this  

Rolling chassis or part it out

Just wondering if you guys had any luck selling xr100 rolling chassisessss 😢(what is the plural of chassis anyway??) I contacted a couple guys from socal's site who might be interested, but I need to move my 94 roller to pay for the dmc frame I just bought. I parted out one a couple years ago, but can't remember if I really made any money on it that way.

I'm sure the English scholars will correct me if I'm wrong, but i believe the plural for chassis would be chasses.

I would be interested but this one would have to be shipped and that would make it unprofitable. I have bought 2 rollers so far. But they were close enough for me to pick up.

Phil, if you don't mind me asking, what did you have to give for them? I was thinking of around $400 US for mine since I just put new tires, aluminum bars, seat cover, wheel bearings, tapered steering bearings, painted the frame, etc. The bike running was worth about $7-900 I figured and the motor was worth about $300 which gave me about $400 as a ball park figure.

I bought a 2001 roller for $375 and after I drove to pick it up I found the guy had the siezed up motor I ended up giving him $425 for everything.

Also I bought a '97 XR100 roller and a '96 CR80 roller (minus the forks) from the same guy for $600.

I think you would be lucky to get $400 for yours. Bikes that are incomplete just don't seem to get what you think there worth.

Have you thought about getting a motor (from ebay or something) and selling it as a complete bike?

yeah, i thought of that phil but good motors are going for 2-300 most of the time. I guess I should have mentioned that $400 was the shipped price as I have a hook up where I can ship it pretty inexpensively. That is the problem with ebay is that people don't bid because the shipping. To me a rolling chassis has no value, but to somebody it might. I will probably go the part it out route, but really only the wheels sem to sell for any worth.

i sold a 1987 xr200 roller in good shape for 180, they worth more to part out but it takes to much time to sell it what way, just unload it to some one what wants one as a spare whats what i did with my 200

Well, looks like it will be gong on ebay in pieces. If anybody needs wheels or something, let me know before I put it on (probably beginning of next week).