Sign in to follow this  

Which Big Bore kit???

Now that it's getting colder here in CT, I'm looking to install a Big Bore kit on my "S". Out of all the kits available, which kit should I go with? How good of a tinkerer would I have to be to do the install myself as I am truely a novice?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what all of your reasons are for wanting a big bore kit are, but if it's the performance you're wanting, there is alot easier and cheaper way. I just installed an "icat" spark enhancer and all the claims they make are for real. Check out their website icat webpage

im not going to get into whether or not a icat works,but regardless it doesnt make bigbore kit gains.

the 436 kit from millenium technologies is $450.include cylinder work,piston kit and gaskets.

http://www.mt-llc.com/flash.shtml

as far as whether or not your capable,let me ask you.

do you own a good (not craftsman) 3/8" drive torque wrench?

if the answer is no,then its a good bet you should leave it to someone with experience.

im not going to get into whether or not a icat works,but regardless it doesnt make bigbore kit gains.

the 436 kit from millenium technologies is $450.include cylinder work,piston kit and gaskets.

http://www.mt-llc.com/flash.shtml

as far as whether or not your capable,let me ask you.

do you own a good (not craftsman) 3/8" drive torque wrench?

if the answer is no,then its a good bet you should leave it to someone with experience.

Burned, you mentioned non craftsman for the torque wrench,,was looking at getting one to work on my bike and am assuming you don't like em which is good enough for me. Is there another one out there that won't break the piggy bank and if so please give a sight i can order from.. Muchos Gracias 😢

I'm not sure what all of your reasons are for wanting a big bore kit are, but if it's the performance you're wanting, there is alot easier and cheaper way. I just installed an "icat" spark enhancer and all the claims they make are for real. Check out their website icat webpage

I've been wondering about that ICAT. How much more power would you says it has? How much better is the fuel mileage? Do you have any other mods on your bike?

I'm not really sure how much the fuel economy has been altered. I have an E model that never goes on the street, so it's hard to tell if it's getting any better or worse. I'm no expert, but I know that the icat definately works. Since I do not have a big bore kit to compare it to, I can only go by the testing done by independant companies. I can say this, both of my riding partners ride wr426's and I used to get dusted, the key word there is used to. Granted, I'm not a pro level rider, but I was'nt back then either. I guess like all things, it comes down to opinion.