Sign in to follow this  

Air Tanks. Go or No?

Yeah, man, everything I have heard/read says you will like em. Go over the the YZ450F forum and read teh post "Sub Tank Review". It is about building your own. It also has a link to a very large post on the matter. Check it all out.

If you have taken time to work with the adjusters on the forks, and you are not satisfied, then get the sub tanks. I installed them and feel that they are best $$$ I ever spent on suspension work. BUT, if your clickers are wrong before you install them, they will still be wrong after they are installed.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you.

I think I'm going to have Rick with tootechracing.com go ahead and install them on my forks since he is adding proper springs and revalving. I set them off Thurday.

He told me that his design is one of the only designs that have a adjustable valve for re-entering air or something, can't 😢 remember exactly. Plus they set on top of the forks so oil will go back down if it comes up in tank. One of the best designs I've seen.

If a was a do-it-yourself type guy. I might have done it myself.

Keep it Down 😢

04 YZ250F Waiting on suspension and can't wait. Feels like Christmas when I was a kid. 😢

That's ok. We have seen enough. 😢 Thank God, I don't have BIGGER boys then skills or I might be in the same shape as you.

Good luck on recovery. Remember, Gods in the healing business.

Keep it Down 😢

Hey! I took my first true jogging session today since the accident on May 8th!!!! I completed just shy (about 50 yards) of a mile without stopping, and then fast walked another .5 mile to cool down....it was harder than I thought, my left leg pumped up almost immediately and I had some moderate knee/leg pain.

But I recovered well, no residual bone pain but I imagine I will be sore in the left leg tomorrow! 😢