Sign in to follow this  

How does an "E" compare to an XR600?

Has anyone owned/ridden a 600? I was wondering how simular or not they are. Probably weigh the same but is the power output close? Thanks.

ps.

my dad owned several xr600's.the latest being a xr670 in a atk frame kit.a stock uncorked E sucked its grips off.

I got rid of my XR600 for my DRZ if that tells you anything? Ain't no comparison , ain't even in the same world let alone ballpark! 😢

I used to own an XR600. Great bike - it was completely indestructible. The XR has old school thumper style power -heavy crank/flywheel and torquey slow revving delivery. they probably make about 33 hp, 10 down from a DRZ, and more torque right off the bottom. They are good hill climbers and get traction very well. The DRZ is a much more modern feel, quicker/higher revving and more power.

XRs are very easy to ride (except in sand - ya better be on the gas all the time!) and steer surprisingly well for their tanklike mass. The DRZ is better. Time moves on. 😢

The XR650, is a different animal. Massive power and ya they are heavy. A manly man bike. I rode with one a few weeks ago. The guy smoked my ass in the woods. So much for me blaming my DRZ for being too cumbersome and heavy. 😢

ps.

a stock uncorked E sucked its grips off.

Thanks Burned....I now have beer coming out my nose 😢😢

Thanks for the info. I dont know why but I always figured the 600 was fast.