Sign in to follow this  

if you were to buy a pipe again what would it be?

I really like my Yosh full system and would buy it again. If not a Yosh, I think I would consider a Muzzy. Good reviews on them in here and they seem to be a good value for the money.

I have the M4 full system. I would put it up against the Yosh performance wise any day. However, with that said, if I was to do it again, I would def go with the Yosh because it is more tunable for sound output. The M4 is crazy loud, with not much that can be done to tune it down.

In fact, I may be looking at a Yosh as it is. Just have to wait until I have more money as I have gone beyond broke just getting my DRZ to where it is now.

MW

Is one Yosh better than any other? I notice that there is the Tri-Oval silencer and the round silencer. Are the headpipes on these the same?

Do the Ti pipes have the same taper as the SUS?

Can you get the TEC insert for the Tri oval?

MW

the ti tri oval pipe is completely different from the stainless yosh.the head pipe is a bunch shorter and tapers faster.

you can look at it in the sense that the stainless is more of a torque pipe.the ti unit may be just slightly softer right off idle,but pulls harder there after all the way to the limiter.

it takes the same tec inserts though.

I would NOT get the Big Gun again. Very Loud (sounds good, but hey, the neighbors complain LOTS). Also, it rusts quickly, and I am not impressed with the craftsmanship on it.

So is it safe to say that this is the pipe that you suggest? Not just any Yosh?

Mike

I would buy the yosh again, or the muzzy because of the reviews, cost, specs, and just to be different and it is made in the 😢

So is it safe to say that this is the pipe that you suggest? Not just any Yosh?

Mike

depends on the use.for supermoto or a real agressive of road rider the ti is the pipe.

the down side is they are $700.

Yosh Ti full pipe with comp baffle in it for the street. Yes it will be loud but I have a lot of Harley riding buds and they shouldn't even notice it with all of them running straight pipes. prairiedawg 😢 :cry: 😢

I like the sound of the FMF Pipes better that the Yosh. Is there a major downside to the FMF's that anyone has experianced?

I went with the FMF powerbomb header and FMF Q for my 2001 DRZ 400K. I like it and rationalized the Yosh pipe would not do anything different for me if I had to plug it up to meet noise compliance in California, like I do. Now, if I did not have to comply with noise, I would probably have bought the Yosh based on the glowing reports on TT. I have not had the opportunity to compare the two side by side.

I think based on your location the FMF would be a good choice. I assume you ride at Hollister and they are checking bikes. Don't know the odds of getting stopped but after watching a couple guys get hit with $250.00 tickets. I would rather split the difference with the Q and save my money for other DR goodies.

I like my FMF Q but don't have anything else to compare it to. I might add that I trail ride in Michigan all summer and they test frequently and I've been passing their 94db test...

I have a scorpion titanium slip on on my klx400sr and it makes alot more power. I have the matching header on my christmas list 😢

White Bros 'E' series..I like the idea of the being able to tailor it with the discs - Less discs to keep it quiet in sensitive areas...more discs for power on a track where noise isnt so much of a concern..

I have tried an FmF Ti4 but even with the insert it is way loud.

I am impressed with the Powercore 4 though..with the qiuet insert it is very impressive.

I am thinking about updating my response...I indicated that I may not go with the M4 again, but I have to say that you cannot find better customer support. That alone must stand for something.

Add the fact that my stock geared DRZ-S with FCR and full system will wheelie in 4th with the silent insert...This pipe is NOT BAD at all. The bike is still loud, but I believe that it should be borderline...without the insert it is simply obnoxiously loud. With insert, it has a very healthy sound output, but no longer annoying.

MW