Sign in to follow this  

Which chain?

I'm ready to replace my stock chain... does anyone use the Renthal R1 520 chain and if so, how does it compare to others?

Oh yeah, what size should I get (how many links)?

for my bros cr 125 he got one of those renthal o-ring chain and the stock 13 51 and it was 114 links but it should say which size chain you should use in the manual you get with your bike. 😢

If you race mx or supercross do not get o-ring or x-ring for a 125 or 250f. I've had renthals before and they were about the same as d.i.d. 520 ert gold.....I believe you may find the d.i.d cheaper so that would be your best bet, I recently tried a regina rx3, its supposed to be the best chain you can get, I paid alot for it and was very dissapointed. Buy a 120 link chain, you will use 116, give or take 1 link.

I just bought the DiD X ring alot of people on the forum swear by it 😢

If you race mx or supercross do not get o-ring or x-ring for a 125 or 250f.

😢

😢 :cry: 😢

Let me fix that sentence for you guys. If you race mx or supercross and your a wannabe factory racer that just loves to spend mommy and daddy's money on new sprockets/chain every month, do not get o-ring or x-ring for a 125 or 250f.

Have you ever taken a one or two season old Oring chain off in the cold. You need a vice and hammer to bend the links. Those same people will go buy something like a powernow to get small powergains.