Sign in to follow this  

DG this weekend...

I plan on going up and racing Vet C and some other class 😢 I might try the Unlimited Class to get some track time seeing it's usually only a handfull of bikes. If 125C isn't too big, I might try that. Weather looks good. 😢

Ill be there also.125C and schoolboy.I ride a yz250f #275.Issic where in the pack do you run?Im normailly top 5 but its my first time there, so we'll have to see how I do.

I'll be the first guy that you are lapping. I just started a year ago, and I'm still trying to go fast. But don't worry, I get out of your way the best I can. 😢

See you guys there tomorrow, the weather will be perfect, so you know they will have the track in top notch shape and it will be a fun track to ride on tomorrow. Hopefully 125C will get to be out close to first too, I need to get home early so me and the girl and celebrate our anniversary!(Thanks honey for letting me race on our special day! 😢)

that must be a helluva gal you got there...lol...that or your a great sweet talker! good luck 2morrow...i really gotta get out to that track.

It's kinda helluva gal that won't let me sweet talk anything in, but she knows I love racing. I really think she likes going along too. Alright, enough BS-I have to go pack so I can make it there on time, see you all there. 😢 :cry:

Hey,

Great seeing you guys out there. A great day to race, the track was in good shape. The ruts were killing me though 😢

My first time racing and I did as expected, just wanted to finish without any mishaps. Had one close one on the finish line where I was in the wrong gear, gave it gas an nothing was there 😢, cased it and bounce sideways but saved it 😢. Never went down the entire day though. I also finally felt what it was like to really be pounded by roost. Race recap:

125C Moto1 - Picked the far left gate. First turn went fine. Ended up passing some downed riders in some ruts in the first lap then tired out about 2 and 1/2 laps in.

VetC Moto1 - Picked the far left gate. Didn't get to cool down since it was only a couple races after the first race. Good clean first turn, hung out in the back. Passed 1 or 2. Battled a little with one, but he had the corners on me. I would pass him doing the jumps he wasn't doing, then he would get me back in the corners. One of the top 5 riders went down and we held him off for a half lap then he went by.

125C Moto2 - Picked one from inside far left gate. Downed rider in the middle of first turn, just went around him. Ended up pretty much same position. Two riders dumped it in corners right in front of me which I managed to slam on the brakes to avoid.

VetC Moto2 - Picked the far left gate. Clean start. Hung out and battle with two, I would pass them on jumps and they would get me back, then I distanced the one.

Finished indentical in both classes: 125C (20-20 out of 27), VetC (10-10 out of 12 or 13 I think). Beat and exhausted to say the least. Ready to it again, so much fun!

😢

YZ250FPegged, if you're reading this, mark your calendar for Saturday March 5th, 2005. They are having their first all day practice day like Pagoda.

😢

Great job Grant.Long as you had fun right? Not falling in your first race is an accomplishment in itself.Wish i could of done the same in my first race....lol....pile-up first turn then casing a double and going over the bars in the 2nd lap.....lol....at Pagoda!

Count me in for that practice day! 😢

The track was great.In the first moto I was running about 10th and I was comming into the rythem section after the tripple I got cross rutted and hit my head on the bars hard enough to knock me silly.After that I ran off the track about 3 times because I wasnt seeing straight.Was It just me or did you have to seat bounce the double right before the finish line really hard?Issic,howd you end up finishing.

Great job Grant.Long as you had fun right? Not falling in your first race is an accomplishment in itself.

Lot's of fun 😢

The track was great.In the first moto I was running about 10th and I was comming into the rythem section after the tripple I got cross rutted and hit my head on the bars hard enough to knock me silly.After that I ran off the track about 3 times because I wasnt seeing straight.Was It just me or did you have to seat bounce the double right before the finish line really hard?Issic,howd you end up finishing.

Ouch, hope your ok. Take it easy this week. As for the finish line double...I was pitted with the VetC rider (finished 5 or 6th overall) who's pretty good, he has a 450 and wasn't getting it but said seat bouncing helped. I kept bouncing off the top part of the face so I stopped doing it. Problem is, it's hard to stop your momentum after doing the first two jumps of the three. I guess more gas 😢 Those A riders make it look easy don't they, they are actually landing on the down side. Till next time, had a blast on my debut.

Well, as for that last double in the rythm section: I tried to clear it, but I can't get on the gas soon enough after the second double. I got close once on the last lap of Unlim. Moto2, but hit it so hard I felt like I broke my right foot and almost sat out 125c Moto2. It's doesn't feel too bad today and I was able to go to work, so I guess no doctor visit for me. 😢

The last time I raced there, I felt like I was coming up just inches short, but I forget how I did it. I think (if I remember right) if you hit the gas hard enough on the 2nd double it plants you in the seat naturally. Feels weird, but it nearly works.

And Grant for not racing in a while you smoked me. I got to follow you one time through the rythm section before the finish line and you showed me that the first double is easy and I should have done that a long time ago.

I thought I might have had a chance to get in front of you in 125c moto2, but on the start straight you took the inside and I decided to try the outside going into the step-up. I remember watching me pass you as I flew further, but when I hit I wasn't ready for it and you got me before the next turn. After that I tried to keep up, but arm pump set in and I tried to run down and pass #I. Couldn't catch him, so I just hung on til the end. Then, 3 turns from the end I was getting lapped, I didn't want to go a lap down because this was the first time I might get to run all 4 of my laps, so I really gave the leader a hard time. It didn't work and he got by me in the last turn. Oh well, deffinately my best riding ever. Hope you feel better soon Aaron. Thanks for the help Grant.

Hopefully we'll get in the same class again soon, that was some really good fun racing. And to the guys that prepped the track: PERFECT. 😢

We'll have to work on the finish line jump if they still have it there at the practice day. I was talking with the guy that finished 3rd in Vet C and he cased it. Definitely a jump that needs practice.

The step up was also a nemesis for me. With the ruts coming out of the turn and into the jump, I could never get that one either. Definitely will race up there again next year. Let that ankle heal.

😢

Hey guys, I havent raced there in 5 years, I know the track changed alot, would any of u happen to have any pictures of the track as it is now. thx. joe

I don't have any overhead pics, but I have some track shots. Don't know if they'd help. The ankle isn't doing too bad through this week, sore but not unbearable. I'm going to ride at my track on Sunday to get some seat time in. I should be alright by then. If not I'll take it easy. Are you planning on going Mar. 6th weekend Grant? I might go, depends on weather and what MDRA schedule is going to be. Even though I bet the 12 races will be later in the year. 😢

Are you planning on going Mar. 6th weekend Grant? I might go, depends on weather and what MDRA schedule is going to be.

So far I plan on going, I'm at least going to do the practice day. The weather is always iffy that early in the year. I don't think I got out till April this year.

😢

I was clearing the double right before the finsh line and landing on the downside...but not by much.I will hopefully race a few races there next year but 2.5 hours is a long drive.

Yeah, 2.5 hours is a long drive for maybe 15 laps. I was looking at running the entire MDRA series, but 2 races are over 3 hours away. Still not sure.