Sign in to follow this  

03drz Fuel canister and 3x3 air mod

hello I am newbie looking for info on removing Fuel canister Pros vs cons if any and best way to remove any additional parts of this system? Also 3x3 air mod what are benefits of this 😢 thanks for info

The 3X3 mod opens up the airflow. Better airflow=more power. You'll also need to rejet. Rejetting=more power and more effiency. Don't know about the fuel cannister 😢

I've done the airbox mod along with a Stage one jet kit to go along with an FMF-Q pipe. More air in plus more air out gives more power after the fuel has been adjusted (new jets). The fuel canister hasn't been messed with as I can't see a power change that can happen by its removal. A weight savings maybe.

i can think of one benefit of removing the fuel canister. i don't know about the new models but on my 01 S CA model the fuel venting system was a pain in my ass.

what happened to me is that the tubes that only are supposed to vent gasous air would get some gasoline in it, then since the hoses makes a U shape from the tank, to the some valve on near the pegs then up to the canister. gasoline would get trapped in the bottom of the U and then the lack of venting would cause a vacuum in the tank as the carb tried to suck gasoline in. eventually no more gasoline would come out and my new bike that i'd just filled with gas would came to a stop.

the first two times i had no clue what the issue was. the third time i figured out that a vacuum was forming in the tank and rode 40 miles home with the gas cap off. the next day i finally figured it all out when i pulled the hose of the valve at the bottom and a little bit of gasoline came out.

so, like i said, maybe they fixed it, but i doubt it. if you keep it on and run out of gas a mile away from filling up follow the vent hoses to the bottom and dump the fuel.

cheers

droo