Sign in to follow this  

XR'S ONLY SUCK!!!

BAD BUINESS!! It is what it is.. you spend alot of money get something repaired and it runs like crap. then they are not willing to help you. live and learn, do it yourself.Never again..... 😢

If it wasnt for Thumper Talk i couldnt have fixed my xr on my own.. thanks guys what a great site.. 😢

There have been many complains about xrsonly.

There should be a sticky so we can avoid them.

what did they fix? Why did it run like crap? How did you repair it?

what did they fix? Why did it run like crap? How did you repair it?

See the thread of the same name in the XR250/400 fourm.

total rebuild engine trans, carb upgrade, $3'000. in costs..

back fireing,lack of power,idleing and air/fuel mixture. stalling etc. i found air leak on intake of head ,missing o-ring causing alot of problems,.intake manifold the side that bolts to the head was missing the o-ring, leaking gas on the head found it smoking. dangerous !! asked several times for there help and got nothing. IF THERE ARE ANYONE THAT DOES DOUGHT ME JUST TAKE YOUR BIKE IN AND GET IT WORKED ON.Their located in hesperia calif. 😢

GOD BLESS AMERICA FOR FREE SPEACH. WHOYAAAAA 😢

Thats too bad. I used to go there all the time back when Sean owned the shop. He took over after Al Baker died. That place kicked a$$ back in the day. I never went back after I sold my XR but I know they switched owners. It was cool that the were located on the airport. I used to load my motor in the plane and fly it over to them. Too easy 😢

I live just a couple miles from them and must they do suck now. Years ago when they had different owners the shop was great, but now like so many other places they hired teenage punks, and middle age goof's with ego's that think they know everything. If you have a problem with them you almost have to get up in there face and almost act like you are going to get physical with them before they will help. 😢

total rebuild engine trans, carb upgrade, $3'000. in costs..

😢

damn!!! you probably could have bought another one that ran great for that price. sorry to hear about your experience but at least you found TT 😢

I took my XR400 to XR's ony about 3 years ago when I didn't know squat...The guy pushed down on the kick starter a couple of times and told me it had no compression and needed a complete rebuild. I tried to explain to him that it ran pretty darn strong, and that it has auto decompression..... He didn't really get it. I was very disappointed. I bought a Mikuni carb and their pipe. I went back to my trials like trails and suffered the worst crashes in my short riding career due to the constant stalling 'cause the setup they suggested destroyed the bottom end....

Rob Barnum really knows XR's and also Thumper Racing is a good bet for that kind of work. I had my YZ250f completely reworked there. Bored to 280, Kibblewhite valves. They installed my new Rekluse clutch and eline stator all for around $2,000. Gary Hazel is really good to work with.

RH

hey thanks for all the comments i feel like im not alone on this one. i know alot of biker's and plan to do my best to boycott al bakers xrs only. god bless his soul.im sure hes rolling in his grave. thanks guys 😢

Wow they sponsor me and I think they do a great job. You cant say that the parts are junk they built me my Winning Baja 500 bike that beat 2 Honda Factory bikes and the Factory KTM. I think the parts are far from junk.

Wow they sponsor me and I think they do a great job. You cant say that the parts are junk they built me my Winning Baja 500 bike that beat 2 Honda Factory bikes and the Factory KTM. I think the parts are far from junk.

:applause::bonk: Want to go for a ride sometime???? I'll race you, I get my CRF and you can have any bike you want. I'll even give you a head start...But I get gas 😢

LOL. Sry man, just teasing You sound like an awesome rider.

I had problems with them too. Don't think your voice isn't heard. I posted a thread on here about them and the bad service I had. The next time I talked to them on the phone asking about my cylinder he asked me if I was the guy from thumpertalk. I guess he got a couple phonecalls from people on here. However I just told the truth. I'll give you this advice, if you want any help at all talk to Zabrina! Seriously email her now, she was extremely helpful. The only positive I got out of that situation.

Wait a minute,Im living in Panama central America and they got my order to me pretty quick.

Man that place must of really f---ed up your bike,yall are making it sound like they should be avoided like the plague or something,some one near there should go to the shop and see whats going on,i was just about to order all the stuff to take my 250 on up to 284 and get the boring-porting done from them,this will really influence my decision,in fact,there is nothing else to consider,I will definetly go another route,I cant be waiting no long times for machine work,or parts,Thank you.