Sign in to follow this  

Seat cover install

Perhaps a lame question, but I've never done this. Do I remoe the stock seat cover and staple the new, or go over the top? I'm 90% sure on the answer but would rather get it done right the first time! 😢

Remove the old one, staple on the new one. Use short staples (found that out the hard way 😢 ).

Have only done a few but here is how I do it. Remove the old cover and the staples, a big flat bladed screwdriver works well. Line up the nose of the cover with the front of the seat and put 3 or 4 staples in it. If it is a CEET cover they usaully have a pocket to make this easier. Then pull the tail of the cover over the back of the seat, not really tight but the cover should be in a straight line from the nose to tail and up off the foam in the middle. Put 3 or 4 staples in the back of the seat. Now lay the seat upside dowm on a pillow to help stretch the cover. Start stapling where the seat base curves the most going from side to side, pulling the cover tight as you go. Staple from the middle toward each end. If the cover has graphics that have to line up with graphics on the tank - good luck! You will have to put the seat in place numerous times and possibly remove staples, adjusting how much you stretch the cover to get the graphics to line up. I only did one of those, not woth the effort, plain black gripper covers since then.