Sign in to follow this  

FMF Exhaust...Jet Needed For Slip On?

Okay, I got a great deal on a FMF "Q" exhaust that had never been mounted but he didn't have a head pipe to go with it. If I wanted to "Slip It On" for now until I got the header, do I HAVE to re-jet the carbs or would it be okay? Hey, by the way, does anyone know where I can get a "Power Bomb" head pipe for the least amount of money? 😢

The slip-on will make the biggest difference. The power bomb header will reduce the sound a little but from what I've read around here, the performance increase is minimal. I want to replace my header with the power bomb but it's a lower priority given the marginal improvement.

You will need to rejet. If you have an 'S', do the and 3X3 Airbox Mod and rejet to Burned's Specs and the results will be fantastic.

Good Luck 😢

...do I HAVE to re-jet the carbs?

The FMF-Q is great and the bike will run fine with just the new exhaust but follow everyone's advice and do the airbox mod and the jet kit. Power with the pipe is quite an improvement but is even better with the new jets and all. 😢

Okay, I got a great deal on a FMF "Q" exhaust that had never been mounted but he didn't have a head pipe to go with it. If I wanted to "Slip It On" for now until I got the header, do I HAVE to re-jet the carbs or would it be okay? Hey, by the way, does anyone know where I can get a "Power Bomb" head pipe for the least amount of money? 😢

I use the Q with the stock header and the performance increase was

noticeable. You'll definitely need to rejet. 😢

I can help you on this one. Last summer, I replaced my pipe with a FMF slip-on just before going on a 5-day riding trip. I didn't have time to rejet and Burned said it would be fine as long as I did not remove the snorkel. He was, of course, right-on. The slip-on definitely increased power and the bike ran great with the stock jetting. When I got home, I did the 3x3 DJ mod. That made an even bigger difference. I hope this helps.

All of the advice I get from all of you really helps. I really appreciate it...Thanks! 😢

I have the Ti powerbomb and used it for about 1 month before any jet mods were done. It ran fine (500ft elevation)

And I noticed a difference when I first installed the header. Not a ton, but more than a little