CLEAR CREEK Sat & Sun 11/6 & 7 Dirt Bike Heaven. WE GO!

OK thanks to dvmpete and his wife sarah.....me and Boomer have made up our minds for this weekend. WE GO TO CLEAR CREEK land of the dirt bike gods.. WE'll be camping at oak flat the first staging area/camp ground in from the entrance kiosk. They get in Friday afternoon. I'll be there at 8:30am Saturday , spend the night and ride Sunday too. ?

come on down and join us!!!! ? :cry:

Hey Bob

Here is a Blank to fill in after you get back from Clear Creek

Dont you ______ it when the ______ little _______ A riders roost your _______ and all the ______ mud and ________ water drives me up the ________ wall

When is _______ Summer coming

Have a good time Bob ? :cry:

yeah , the oNLY frigging rain showers in california today are in your part of the state too. Thats ok Saturday might be a little wet, sunday be better. I remeber people telling me and the blue one it was gonna be a sloppy mud fest back in march last year and it was not.

we'll be fine. I'll fill in the blanks with a photo post on monday. ? :cry: ? :cry:

So here's a stupid question. Where are the staging areas in Clear Creek?

I have only staged in the private Land owned by the salinas ramblers just over the creek. And during all the riding of the enduros, I have never seen an alternate staging area, or we never got close to one anyway.

?-thanks,T

yes I have been at the ramblers land before. that's a good central location. the main staging for us visitors is to the north end of the ride area.

Off the same road that runs by the Salinas ramblers property. Just north of their gate about 2 -3 miles? is a bulletin board kiosk. Turn there. See this web site and scroll down some to see pics of the 5 campsites along the access road.

http://www.salinasramblersmc.org/clearcreek.htm

the northen area is more travelled by riders and I understand some trails in that area have some whoops due to heavy use. The key is to ride the access road down into the heart of the place.....although I have been told by some that there are some rightous trails near the north end too.

Directions from San Jose, CA: Travel south on US 101 to Gilroy. Just past Gilroy, take the Highway 25 exit towards Hollister. Continue through town on Hwy. 25 and head south for about 35 miles. You will pass by the Pinnacles National Monument. Turn left onto Coalinga-Los Gatos Creek County Road. Continue approximately 14 miles. At the BLM sign indicating the entrance to the Clear Creek Management Area, turn left. You will then be on the main road, Clear Creek Road, which is an unpaved road bisecting the Management Area.

$5.00?? for that big money we better get the ET special Clear Creek tour thrown in too. ? :cry:

after we give dvmpete's wife the grand cruise tour, then we be weddy to go wabbit huntin! ? :cry: ?

I'm coming down tonight, gonna stay at motel in hollister, then be coming down dog early Saturday morning.

OK thanks to dvmpete and his wife sarah.....me and Boomer have made up our minds for this weekend. WE GO TO CLEAR CREEK land of the dirt bike gods.. WE'll be camping at oak flat the first staging area/camp ground in from the entrance kiosk. They get in Friday afternoon. I'll be there at 8:30am Saturday , spend the night and ride Sunday too. ?

come on down and join us!!!! ??

?? :cry: If it was two hours closer Id be there!! Dont have the luxury of going down the night before like some of you single guys! ? hope fully its not too muddy, but I'm sure you all will have a good time regardless. ??

yeah being single and 50 is a good thing. No longer under pressure to hook up with miss hottie or find a soul mate - screw that noise. I'm having dinner with a gal friend tonight and she wanted to set me up with one of her friends. I said to her, "Why?" ?

if I get a girl friend, I cant' go dirt riding, I'll have to shave more often, can't eat dinner while watching TV... Can't even crack a good room shaking fart in the mornng without her sighing..about that...... No way. Freedom is my way nowadays

ok on sunday, I'll look for chevy pest control truck and a chevy with a trailer.

so far we got dvmpete and his wife, they should be there now and saturday, plus The blue one and heckler on Saturday...maybe motoman fan.....then for sunday I'll be there too.....so I'll keep a look out for the sunday tribe. if I'm not at Oak flat sunday morning that means I got a special invite to stay with some locals...(or if any break down happens I may split on saturday...whatever)..if that happens then maybe I'll see you guys on the trails

I have a white tundra, black n blue DRZ and a red dog.

everyone drive safe.... have a great ride...if I miss anyone.

Sounds like you got your priorities straight, finally!!! ?

I have a box of maps in the garage and found one of San Benito county Highlighted the route I would take from the south via King City and it looks like about 160 miles to clearcreek road. ? :cry: ? :cry:

? Gentlemen,

You guys have to promise me you'll do this again real soon! ? Soccer will be over end of November! ?

This spot is perfect, hotel/motel in Hollister for the overnight. Steaks that night! ? Shower and a warm bed Saturday night after an exhausting ride. Nice hot breakfast at Big Bob's in the morning. Now I know why you call this DirtBike heaven. Sounds like Yerington! ?

I hear that place is HUGE! ?