Doug Henry

I just recently found out that Henry moved over to honda and

as I dont pull for honda riders I have to find a new rider to pull for due to they buy up all the good riders to make there product look better. My queston is who are some good guys that have a good chance to win (non honda)in the SM class. Honda is going to ruin SM in the US by turning it into basicly a honda cup. I basicly like all other brands of bikes and own a

KTM, GAS GAS, 2Kaw's.. 2Yams and yes even one honda XR80 thats for sale.

Don't hate the player hate the game, Doug would still be on Blue if Yamaha didn't decide not to back a team. See the Keith McCarthy article at Racerxill.com. Yamaha felt that

the series was a second side show. Don't count him out or bet against him next weekend, he's tough as nails and has a

lot to prove to Wardy and Bostrom both.

It's not that I dont like him or hat him in any way, I just dont like honda and dont find it normal that every time some one shows some speed the next thing you know there on a honda, They have the money and are willing to spend it and this is going to be the downfall of the sport.IMO As i said im not a honda fan and wouldnt go pay to see a payed off race maby if I went to see it just to watch the riders

but this isnt the only thing I go for. You cant blame Yamaha

they where suporting him, he or they where the ones that backed out likley due to Yam wouldnt go as high as honda.

plus all that Yam did to help him get into the sport makes it look kind of bad to me, i dont realy know many details but hes been with Yam for a long time and this is a common

deal with honda. I hope some of the Europ guys come over and take the title and leave honda sitting dry with all there

high dollar riders. I dont blame the riders, money talks.

I just had hopes that and really thought that Doug was the one that would not fall into this honda deal kinda like Rossi or Ricky ya know but to do that you have to already have to have money and not need that side of it this is where honda has the edg realy.

Pull for Burkhart. He rides a Yamaha and is super fast and a privateer. I think the ultimate justice would be a Yamaha factory team with Henry and Burkhart. Hopefully they would employ the guys who have been running Burkhart. (FFRacing and RAD) ?

Mike

?

Markit,

Doug Henry is the best rider out there no matter what he is riding, Yamaha lost interest in Supermoto since the AMA could not get its $hit together with a schedule for the pro series, so Troy Lee (not honda) signed Doug to ride. Honda is one of the best bikes out there on the supermoto circuit whether you like them or not. Ben Bostrom is the only REAL Honda team rider out there. So just don't root for Ben and you will be fine!! ?

Here is Doug with his son the left and my son on the right! ?

supermoto%20012.jpg

Markit, what you are saying about Honda is true, BUT I think you are way off on this. Yamaha was NOT going Supermoto racing. If Yamaha was playing I'm sure Doug would have stayed. He is one of the few people you'll meet that doesn't care one bit about money. Think about this......He left motocross (where he could have asked for HUGE money) to sell bales of hay for a couple bucks a piece.

All these guys don't ride Hondas because they're getting paid ?. They ride Hondas because they are the most versatile bike for a privateer to get into supermoto racing and actually be competitive. You can't blame Honda for building such a great motocross bike which turned out to be a great supermoto platform as well ?

Where did you get your info about Doug , the ENQUIRER or THE DAILY NEWS . Yamaha is not backing anyone , so should he sit home and wait a few years till they decide they want to participate ? GOOOOO DOUG ?

I dont realy care what Yam does and as i have stated more than one I have nothig aganst Doug and realy nothing aganst

the honda 450 ( but its not supieror to the YZ/SMC) My problem is with the HRC/honda and the way they come in and

buy out all the top riders and ruin a sport. I passed many CRF450 this weekend and got passed by none, so go figure.lol These top riders could ride any of the top models and win.

Where did you get your info about Doug , the ENQUIRER or THE DAILY NEWS . Yamaha is not backing anyone , so should he sit home and wait a few years till they decide they want to participate ? GOOOOO DOUG ?

Actuly I got it here. ? I havnt been waching the series due to If I wanted to see a honda cup race I would kill myself.lol I'm just mot pulled in by the honda BS.

Ps: I notice a lot of yall keep trying to turn this into a Doug bashing post, tone it down. ?

My problem is with the HRC/honda and the way they come in and

buy out all the top riders and ruin a sport.

HRC is not, to my knowledge, involved in AMA Pro Supermoto. However, I must say that Doug Henry quite good at tasks other than riding motorcycles too, so he's got nothing to worry about: KG8U5971.jpg

?

Brett Saunders

I think you're right, Honda has absolutely ruined Supermoto, it was much better when people didn't ride Hondas. rolleyesno.gif

It also sucks how Honda riders Zemke and DuHamel added all the excitement to roadracing this season. I suppose you liked it a lot better when Mladin (Suzuki) won every race and it was really boring. Damn Honda... ?

Although, I wonder why they didn't just do what you think they do and throw a bunch of money at Mladin and hire him away from Suzuki? I guess they didn't consult you on that? Come to think of it, why did Honda let Rossi and Carmichael go? Doesn't Honda know that under the markit master plan that they should have kept them and ruined the sport so people could complain about it?