Sign in to follow this  

Does the cycra triple clamps mount bend when you fall ?

like other handlebars protectors or the triple clamp mount prevent it ?

What the difference between front triple mount and side triple mount ??? (Which do you use???)

On my bike ('00 S) the pinch bolts on the triple clamps are on the side so that drives the mounting location.

I've had a few good spills this summer and no movement or bending. Strong !! I like them... strong and they leave your bars free for GPS, roll-chart mounting, etc.

mine has held up to several nasty dirt get-offs and one hard fall on a street lowside. i got longer bolts for mine since they are pretty thick, and i didn't want to compromise the clamping action. otherwise they are great, i like them much much more than the acerbis pro rally.

-droo

I want to be sure that if I fall , My hydraulic clutch cable is safe from the handlebars protectors 😢

btw , Where did you purchase yours at what price ?

i don't remember where i got them, maybe just from cycra's website. i couldn't find any cheap places either.

I ordered them from Cycra's web site because I was able to get the black powder coated finish. 😢 You want the Side Triple Clamp mount. Very sturdy and fit right up to my Renthal JB bars without cutting the bars or levers. 😢

I want to be sure that if I fall , My hydraulic clutch cable is safe from the handlebars protectors 😢

hydraulic clutch ? did you get it here in IL or is it another ebay purchase ?

btw, with all these nice mods on your bike, I think its just about ready to be ridden. 😢

How is your hand ? Plan to start riding anytime soon ?

Once ill get handlebars protection and complete my Supermoto setup , Ill change back from Deathwings to Offroad wheels and come ride.

About the hydraulic , I saw 1 from EBay UK around 100$...

Not sure if auction is still running 😢

So you plan to have two setups for the bike and change between SM and offroad frequently ? How much work is it to do the conversion every time ?

btw, what was the problem with the clutch ? Did it really burn when you rode it too loose, or was it something else ?

Yoav , You live like 15km away from my house , But yet we speak thought oversea forum... 😢 :cry: 😢

about the clutch, dunno , could be cable suxx or clutch is half burned.

i find it difficult sometimes to go from 1st gear to N so I have to get to 2nd and then push a little to N.

About the changing wheels , top 30 minutes if your slow.

Dont forget I ride the bike everyday to work and school.

Once i want to go offroad ,will change wheels and when i have strength , change wheels back to SM ;-)

Are you looking to come SM also ? 😢

Was just wondering about SM. Not sure I'd get a full "conversion kit" for my bike since I use it mostly offroad. (riding it on the road 1-2 times a week). However, I tried a few rounds in The Ring and it did seem fun so the thought crossed my mind.

Anyway, you're right about the forum. Its actually less than 15km. I'll call you and stop by sometime. 😢