Sign in to follow this  

Strange items for dirt biking.....

I did this about 3 years ago or so and will do it again to see if anyone has any new and fresh ideas.....

Do you use anything weird when riding, wrenching or anything related to your bike???

Before I used these examples...

(Don't laugh and keep the jokes to yourself, because I heard them the last time)

Super mini pads as helmet liners at my forehead and a 50/50 mixture of Pedialyte and water for hydration issues for extreme hot riding conditions...

The liners actually work great... at resets during enduros I would rip out the wet one and replace it with a new one, they absord tons of sweat for the size, help keep the helmet dryer in the front, keep eye buring sweat from getting in your eyes and fogging out your googles....

So the new thing I been using, thanks to extras from when my wife was pregnent is the absorbant bed pads hospitals use, the kind with the liners that hold the liquids and absorb.. I use them on the work bench, when cleaning the carb and other stuff, catchs over spray and gas spilling out the vent tubes, under my bike when I change the oil, catches ramdom drops and when I pour the oil from the pan to the bottle to bring it to recycling... They are cheap too, pack of 100 for 3 bucks....

So who else has stuff to share with everyone here?????

😢

Tampons (new ones) to plug the exhaust when washing 😢

Joe I'm a super heavy sweater. I've used pedalite plenty of times. I've used a womans just had a baby kotex as a headband tied around my big melon too. I've been doing stuff like this for going on 40 years you do what ya have to do to make a ride. I gave up worrying what anyone else thought ages ago. I'm the only guy I know that can still ride after 5 major back surgeries. None were from bikes either. it just happens to be the best rememdy for permanent vertigo I know of. My inner ears are totally fried so my doc told me to try riding. it is the only thing I have tried out of all kinds that helps at all. So I will ride till I die. Either street ot dirt but I'll be doing one of them for sure. prairiedawg 😢 :cry: 😢

I carry a golf towel attached to my backpack for cleaning goggles, wiping sweat, etc. the only reason it's a golf towel is that it has an eyelet in it so it can be attached to a golf bag.

if you want to use some "not so medical" pads on your workbench look up Pig Mats they are tough, absorb alot of material and last a long time.