Sign in to follow this  

04 vs 05...?

Any differences between an 04 and 05 DRZ 400s?

What would be a reasonable price to pay for an 04 that is still on the showroom floor? Under 5k? 4500?

thanks

no real difference except for some color, same engine/forks/frame etc. same bike...A good price for a 04 would be about 4500, thats what i paid for mine 6 months ago. figure on taxes and liscencing on top of that... 😢

i was kind of in the same situation as you...

I bought a 2003 model when the 2004's where out...

They had the MSRP sticker price on it of $5499

I ended up talking them down to $4700....

I hope this helps.

Got mine late in the year (2002) at Alamo CyclePlex and got it for $700 less than sticker. 😢

Thanks for the info guys.

What are the must do mods to get setup for the dirt?

Looked at one today and to me the bars need to go. Can you go oversize i.e. Pro Tapers? Exhaust would be good. Knobbies. Footpegs i.e. Fastway. Jetting & Air box mods. Options to get rid of the big rear tail light assembly to something smaller?

Thanks again...

Paid $5800 otd last month for my '05."S"'s are pretty hard to find in SoCal lately.He did have a yellow '03 for 500 less,but i wanted blue and didn't want to be riding a three year old "new" bike. 😢

Paid $5800 otd last month for my '05."S"'s are pretty hard to find in SoCal lately.He did have a yellow '03 for 500 less,but i wanted blue and didn't want to be riding a three year old "new" bike. 😢

I paid $5200 on Sept. 29th for my '05, dealer wanted room for sleds.

HH