Sign in to follow this  

EVS Race Collar Company Complaint...

Just to make everyone aware, I've decided to stop purchasing EVS products based on the way a return was handled.

To be fair to the company, I DID NOT have the original receipt, it just wasn't worth 30 dollars for me to have to try and dig it up.

BUT, the item I returned was an RC2 race collar that was purchased within the last 6 months (or less).

When I called the company they asked me if I had the receipt. I explained that yes, I probably have the receipt somewhere but for me to dig it up is not worth 30.00 that it would save me. I also told the rep that it was an RC2 collar and that as far as I knew that particular collar had not even been out for a year. At that point she got off the phone with me, contacted someone and apparently verified that the collar had not been out for longer than the warranty period, and that I did not need a receipt. Regardless, she told me to go ahead and send it back leading me to believe that I did not need the receipt and that the product would be looked at to determine if it was defective and then I would be refunded my money.

Additionally, because I did not want to be without a collar, I ordered and paid for at list (I presume) a NEW collar from the operator and had it sent to me because, again, I was under the impression that IF the collar was found to be defective, my credit card would be credited for the purchase price.

Again, to be fair, I did NOT send my defective collar back immediately, and I can't exactly say how long I waited... probably around a month.

Anyway, I finally got around to sending it back and recieved a phone call yesterday saying it looked old and worn and that they needed a receipt to (I guess) verify purchase date.

I contacted them today, spoke with the lady who called me and explained. She noted that the return authoriztion code was done by someone else and apparently that was who I talked with initially, so she patched me through to her. She was the person I spoke with and I explained again how the collar could not be "OLD" because it was the brand new RC2 race collar. I started getting a little aggravated and asked to speak with her manager was put on hold and came back with they would pay half. I thought I should get a full exchange (based on the warranty (if I remember correctly) and the reason I sent it back). So, I again asked to speak with her manager to explain the situation again.

I was informed that the manager was the president of the company and thought surely he would understand. Boy was I wrong again. Told him the entire story and he still only offered to give me half back. Ended up telling him to just forget it, it's not worth me getting upset about this and 30.00 but that I thought it was pretty unbelievable that he was willing to lose a customer over 15.00.

Ultimately, the conversation came down to that I had talked his product up in the past on thumpertalk in at least a couple threads(I forgot I talked my ride bud into buying one) and that I'm just gonna go back and let everyone know how disatisfied I am with customer service, so, that's what I'm doing.

Again, to be fair he was not rude or anything of that nature but I genuinely thought I would get a full exchange no problem because the velcro was definitely defective. Why else would I have even bothered to send it in. Additionally, none of the 3 people I talked with had actually even seen the collar only a report from someone else about it.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna pack up my new one and send it back now and purchase some other brand (PCS?), or maybe 661 makes one now, etc, etc. Looking for ideas.

Apologies for the rant, but this just really rubbed me the wrong way.

One other thing. When I got the new collar the foam seemed VERY soft and made me wonder about the safety of the collar. It seemed to me like it would compress too easily in a crash. My older one had stiffer foam. Just something to think about.

I'm done.

Eddie

You should have sent half the collar back. 😢

Two things...

1) You waited an awfully long time to send the defective one back. I would have had it boxed up while I was on the phone with them. Did you ever have an RGA, or person's name to put with it to help explain the situation?

2) Yeah, for $15 it does seem like such a petty deal. As long as you weren't a raving lunatic on the phone, they should have sent you a replacement pronto.

You say digging out a receipt isn't worth $30 yet you're pissed when they don't want to give you a full refund?

The Customer is Never Wrong man.....they shouldn't argue with you over something like that. Maybe there are alot of people having trouble with their products. That collar is probably made in China for $1.

1. I agree I waited too long to send it back. Problem was I didn't want to be without a collar so I had to wait for the new one to arrive before I could send my old one back. Yeah, there was a return authorization number that was issued and referenced.

2. Maybe. I know there are always two sides to the story so that's why I wanted to give everyone both sides as best I could. Others I'm sure will have different opinions as to how the company should have handled this. I'm simply stating that if I had a company that had issued a new product that a customer had purchased that had not been released long enough to be out of warranty, then it would seem pretty superulous for me to ask for a receipt. I'll take it one step further and even say that if they are asking me for a receipt it's because they are hoping I can't locate it so they won't have to make an exchange or give a refund.

Mike-

Everyones entitled to their opinion about this and you obviously side with the owner of the company.

Just recognize though that there are really only two reasons I have issue with the way this was handled.

1. That particular model of Race Collar (RC2) has not even been out for a year so it would not be out of warranty regardless of whether or not I have a receipt.

2. When I initially contacted the company about sending it back, I told them that I did NOT have the receipt handy and the rep instructed me on how to send it back anyway.

Sorry to hear about the problem. I have the same product. Just curious, what broke or when wrong with it? Something with the velcro?

Mr Gaget.

We all know Customers can be wrong BUT the company (in my opinion) should be capable of making reasonable judgement calls. I guess they thought they did, however, I would hope that if I were to be in the same situation on the other end, I would have acted differently.

But who really knows.

Perhaps they felt as though you didn't pay for it -- thief 😢 -- just kidding.

12Many-

My velcro never hooked properly. It was as though half of the "hook" side was missing it's hooks or something. So, half of the flap would be kinda flapping in the wind and i was always "concerned" about it coming undone when I crashed or something. I could have simply removed and replaced the velcro, but when I found out about the warranty... well, I don't want to beat a dead horse.

If you haven't noticed it on yours it's probably fine because it was pretty annoying on mine.