Sign in to follow this  

Railroader's custom mirrors

Hey Railroader, here's my setup now thanks to you. This, my first version, is a little off. On version 2 I just have to cut the notches a little asymmetrical so the mirrors point "out" more, this was more of a proof of concept than anything else.

Great idea. 😢 :cry: 😢

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

Glad it worked out for you......Several have asked me, Hey, man where did you get those mirrors??? Not bad for three bucks. 😢 :cry:

Can you actually see behind you with those? I'm big enough I'm afraid it would just show my love handles.prairiedawg 😢

Yep, you can see your lovehandles with the first version I made, but if you cut one pocket deeper than the other, the mirros will angle more outward and be perfect.

But looking at my belly everyday will give me a little bit more motivation to go to the gym...or wear a bigger shirt. 😢

dang it. someone beat me to the punch. I have a version coming on my bike that replaces the flimsy paint cap thing. I used PVC. Yep hard to get them not to slide but I have a trick for that.

uhhhh, they didnt work out. The PVC wanted to slide all over the bars and the 2" spot mirrors were just too convex. I didnt like them. Great idea Railroader but I gotta come up with something a little better. I'll keep working on it.

Hey Railroader, here's my setup now thanks to you. This, my first version, is a little off. On version 2 I just have to cut the notches a little asymmetrical so the mirrors point "out" more, this was more of a proof of concept than anything else.

Great idea. 😢 :cry: 😢

IMG_3332.jpg

Hey...

Shouldn't the clutch cable come BELOW the handlebars protectors mount ? in case of fall , the protectors from the impact with the floor will go up... might damage your cable... (I think) 😢