Sign in to follow this  

A drowned KLX 110 won't start

Last weekend my son fell on his 110 going through a deep puddle and swamped the thing. It didn't run right after that. A few days ago I took the air box apart, cleaned and dried everything, put it back together, drained the gas, changed the oil (which looked like pea soup), then tried to start it. It won't.

I've taken the pug out, it has a good spark. I've also put a couple drops of gas in the cylinder. The engine kicks over a couple of times on the first kick then dies.

I've notice a screw on the side of the bowl of the carb...is this a drain? I hate to take the bowl off because with my track record I'll have to take the thing to the dealer in pieces to fix. Any suggestions? 😢

I would place pretty good odds that the carb has crap in it and that the jets may be partially blocked. Best bet would be to pull it off and give it a good clean. Blow out the jets and clean the bowl.

Gibben, Thanks for the advice. Today I turned the bike upside down to make sure everything came out of the gas tank, drained the bowl on the carb, and replaced the plug. It started, choked and spit a couple times and now seems to be running okay. I'm going to change the oil again tomorrow morning, then again after our ride tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again, Ed