Sign in to follow this  

HELP!!!!! (fast)

Okay,

So im doing my usuall oil change, clean air filter, etc deal earlier and my kickstarter was getting hard to get out so I decide to take it off figuring that there was a bunch of rust under it(which there was a ton by the way) so I take it off clean it and stick it back on. Right then I realized that there had to of been a spring in there. So its lying somewhere hidden in my garage right now. I found the ball, but can't find the spring. Is there anyway to fix this before tommorows ride (like taking a spring from a pen)? I can't be the only one to of done this. And how the #&$@%! do you get it back on???

Thanks a ton,

Bryan

i think you are on the right track with using a piece of the spring from a ball point pen. that *should* work until you can get the correct part. put some waterproof grease in there when you reassemble to ward off the rust demons.

if i recall correctly i also had some difficulty with reassembling the arm to the shaft; play around a bit at different angles and it will go back on. the grease actually helps since it will tend to keep the ball and spring in place.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Well I reasembled everything for tommorows ride. I put the kickstarter back on without either, Just tightened it back up.I tried two pen springs and Its a pain in the ass. I didn't really try turning it, I could always get a like 1/4 of the spring in but not all of it. The main problem was the ball. Does the Ball go at the end of the spring? I dont really understand how it all went together because I didn't realize it until I had it apart. Ill just rig it up with a bunjee cord tommorow 😢. Thanks.