Sign in to follow this  

DR350 Servicing help for new owner

I would appreciate some info help while I'm waiting on getting a clymer or factory manual for the new toy.

Oil change is first on the list. How much does it take and are their any tricks?

I noticed that the filter is under the cover on the right side. I foresee a mess ahead. Any tricks to making the filter change a tidy affair?

The rest will wait or I can do without any extra help.

It's not so bad- not too messy. Just drain before removing filter. Remember to buy a new o-ring seal too.

The front down tube on the frame is an oil resevoir also. The drain for it is right above the skid plate. Can't remember right off how much oil it holds.

The bike is home now and I spent much of the evening going over it and doing the little things like lubing cables and lever pivots. Also jacked up the preload on the springs to max to hold my weight up. It still feels saggy but then I'm used to sport and track bikes up to now. I'm sure it'll be fine for the sort of fire roading I'll mostly be doing.

Ran it up and down the back alley a bit and yeah, this is no speed demon.... 😢 I'm sure the stock WR250 was as powerful in the first two gears.

Thanks for the info so far. I found the frame drain OK and I'm assuming there's one on the engine too. Got a new filter and I'm sure there will be an O ring with it. The Emgo's for the Honda CBX had them so this Emgo should too.