Sign in to follow this  

new baby-05WR

brought her home today,my 05 wr250f its narrow, it feels light.I'm gonna prep it tonight and break it in tomarrow.

congrats on the new bike. Are the free mods the same on the 05? what changed from 04 to 05?

I've been looking seriously at the wr250f. Please let us know how you like it after you've had some saddle time.

I just ordered my baby today 😢

Will be here on wensday🤣

YZ250F 2005

White bros full system🤣

Ims tank🤣

WR gearbox🤣

Scotts dampener🤣

Extra thick tubes🤣

Hyde skid plate🤣

Cant wait🤣😢 :cry: 😢

😢 YZ250 F

I spent about 12 hrs greasing and unpluging and modifying.Broke it in for 45 min then changed the oil.Sunday went to local MX track even though I'm a woods rider this track has a woods section for the trailriders class.Overall impression is it feels very light {used to big KTM} a little low on power {used to 450}I think a pipe will help a lot.The suspension felt very good {used to bad suspension}.For a woods bike it felt a lot like a MXer,it jumps good and corners real good.Its very nimble through the woods but the power is in the high rpm.I think I made right choice, it felt good to be back on a Yamaha.

98estn,to answer your ? The forks are bigger,the radiators are 3/4" narrower,the tank is smaller,feels lighter than my sons 03.

Hey I am about or was thinking of upgrading from a ttr250 to the wr250. Think I should ?

Barkbuster, I live in MO as well and I am going to be getting a bike soon. I was wondering how big you are because I had a Yamaha dealer say I should get this same bike. I am a little worried about the power because I am 240 lbs. This will be my first motorcycle, although I am familiar with quads.

WhoAmI,I am right at 200 w/o gear.I'm guessing you would be better off with a 450 because of your size and the fact that the 250 needs to be ridden agressively.Its a little low on power but I have a Dr.D pipe ordered that should help a lot,if not then HOT CAMS,then 270 kit.If that does not do it then 06 450 with alum. frame and the new showa style forks.

I've been looking for a lighter, better handling replacement for my XR400 and a WR250 is high on the list. Sounds like we're the same weight (200) and at the same place so you can be my personal test rider/reporter. If you like it at Chadwick chances are good I will too. 😢 Also, you going to ride it in the rest of the Hillbilly races? Thayer is the 21st, if I can get the XR out of the shop in time (whole nuther rant there) I may go and try to knock down a couple of their trees. I've never raced before so at the best it'd be ugly. 😢 :cry:

I may be in the market for an XR4 soon, so who knows what will work out? 😢 No seriously, I will be looking for one now that Barkbuster said he thinks the 250 might be a little small for me. Most everyone else I have asked said I should go with the XR4 as well. I found one used here in Festus, but I can't seem to get rid of my quad. My only hope is that the dealer that has the XR4 will let me trade it in.

My advise for what its worth would be to skip the XR400 and look at a WR450 if you have power concerns. XR takes quite a bit of work and money input to get any real power out of it. I've put different pipe, air filter, and jetting on mine to get it to start in anything less than 20 minutes of kicking. And we won't even go into the shock that is sprung for a 200 lber and a fork sprung for a 150 lb rider. Xr is an old style bike good for fire roads and mild trail putting, not a race bike in any way, shape, or form. Honda is dropping them from the 05 lineup and I can't say that I'll miss them. Get a WR450, you'll be better off by far than on an XR400. Disclaimer-- All the above is IMHO 😢

XRZ4me,a 250f will be a drastic change,you are used lots of grunt, it is definantly lighter but no tractor like power.I'm coming off of a big bore too and I'm having some trouble adjusting but I have only riden it 1 day and that was at spring valley MX track.The reason I went there was to get some time on a track since the Thayer race is half MX and grass track.If you go to Thayer look me up and say hey.I'll be in a blue F250/white trailer and 2 WR250fs

keep the reports coming.....i can't wait until 2006....alum. frame.....

I can't wait to ride this weekend in some tight woods.

Yah, me too. Got the XR fixed so I'll be at Chadwick Saturday. Been down a while so I'll see how rusty I am.

I'm about the same weight at 230-235lbs and ride a WR450F mainly at mx tracks. I've ridden the 250's and find them highly under powered for us full size guys, though they do handle better than my 450. There were a couple of jumps I couldn't make on the 250 since they were doubles straight out of a u-turn but the 450 takes them with no sweat.

Definitely a 450 for us big'uns.

Rich