Sign in to follow this  

squeeze for horsepower

Doing the e-base gasket mod. I met a guy riding last week that is also a DRZ enthusiest and he has done the base gasket and took two plys off the head gasket. He figured out to be at 13.5 - 1 compression and can run no problem on pump gas.

I have not read here much about people doing this, but this individual is a mature adult with a lot of experience.

Any body out there do this and have bad or (good) experience?? I remember what Bronco78 said about getting HP out of small engines, "all the little things adding up". soooo.......looking for more feedback 😢

Thanks

I may very well be wrong here, but i think you might need race gas, or octane additive...(from reading older posts)

risky at best.running more than 12.2 to 1 compression at sea level on pump gas is a really really bad idea.

did you look at his head gasket?

No, but this guys was pulling 3rd gear wheelies at 50 MPH no problems all day on flat ground and doing 100+mph on and off for a full day. Impressed the heck out of me.

its your bike,do what you feel is best.

trusting a single layer head gasket for the long haul is a bad idea.but thats just me.

No.. you caught me.

he had a 40 mm Cv carb out of a KLX/KLR (dont remember which) 650..