Sign in to follow this  

MS2 vs MH2

I know I post alot but I just cant help it. I just wanted to point out that the Michelin Starcross MS2 (soft compound) wears infinatly better than the MH2 (hard compound). I'm talking night and day here. I dont know if this is common knowledge but I was surprised - I thought it would be the other way around!

Have you run the S12? I'm thinking about giving the MS2 a shot next time. I was running a MH2 Front & rear but when my MH2 Rear got kinda worn, I switched to the S12 Rear.

Next I'm thinking about trying the MS2 Rear and staying with the MH2 front.

I'll ride clay one day then sand the next, So need something that kinda does both.

Curious as to your experience.

Eddie

I have never used the S12. I have used the MH and MS and I ride sand, woods, rocks, roots, hardpack you name. I love the way they hook up. I originally used the MS and I absolutly loved it. So I went to get another set and the dealer talked me into the MH. He said it was a harder compound and would therefor last longer for the type of riding I do. Boy was he wrong. They litterally wore in less than half the time that the MS did. The fronts kick @ss too. How are the s12's?

I love the S12's. I've tried the M12 but don't buy it 😢 :cry: for the rear. It slides out way to easy. It doesn't hold on side hills at all. It only has great straight line traction.

The S12's work very well for me when the rear is 1 size larger than stock for my 250. (110-100-18) The S12 works well in sand, mixed dirt, mountain rock. You can't beat it. The M12 front is pretty good but it doesn't clean as well as the S12. The M12 lasts a bit longer on the Rock. I keep loosing the side knobs on the S12 when ridden on Rock but it works very well.

I use the ms2 on the rear of my bike and love it. I've used it on muddy tracks, sandy tracks and hardpack tracks. It always hooks up great. I've got 5 or 6 races on my current ms2 and it barely shows any wear.

I believe that the ms2's compound is harder then the mh2's. I think all hardpack tires use a soft compound in order to hook up better on the hard stuff where as a soft terrain tire uses a harder compound to get traction.

Joe