Vortex CDI

No problems at all. I bought it just before kawy did the recall on the CDI. Only less than 30 hours on the Vortex. It is a slick unit. Has 10 different ignition maps. Map 1-best overall power, maps 2,3 &4 are traction, map 5-aggressive power 1, map 6-aggresive power 2, maps 7,8 & 9 are alternate power, map 10 is standard map with regular rev limit. There is a dual switch that is handlebar mounted. One position is always on "best overall power" and then you select what the other position will be. On the bottom of the unit is a dip switch for all 10 maps. Whatever is selected will be the second switch position. So say before a race select a traction (dip switch 2,3 or 4). Your on the line, put the switch in traction, get to the first corner(first) then flip the switch to power and go like heck. ?. I can say with this unit it was the first time I ever got to the first corner in third, not bad for 40ish old man.

Guys.Here's a Very important tip.According to all the Supercross/Outdoor MX race teams and racers using the vortex on the kawi or suzuki 250f the best setting on the vortex is 7,8,or 9 the others that are offered do very little.I know I have one on my KXF250 and the guys at Motoworld,Factory Suzuki & Pro Circuit gave me the heads up.They said Map 1 etc is a waste of time.

okay I´ll try to be serious and tell you why I wanna sell mine:

I wanna say that the bike burns like hell with this ignition and it is not compareable with the stock one cause there´s so much power added, believe me, it´s a difference like day and night. but the 04 stock pistons were not strong enough to stand the earlier firing of the spark plug and so I had 2 cracked pistons until I figured out that this was caused by the ignition. Then I put the stock ignition and a Wössner high performance piston in my bike. Then I tried the Wössner piston with the Vortex and that worked again and I was happy ?. And now the season is over and I want to sell my bike to get a new one for 05 (first I´m gonna get a KX 250 2-stroke for winter training). And when I sell the ignition seperated from my bike it makes more money and I dunno if the Vortex will work an a 05. perhaps I´ll get a new X10 next year ? that´s it

RIDE ON ?

• 5 months later...
What is the difference between those 3??

Map 1 is the same as your switch that is switched to the up position.

thats why it's a waste. It's called MX 1.

Map 2 is Supercross 1

3 is Traction 1

4 is Traction 2

5 is trail 1 "which is closer to the stock map"

6 is MX 2

7 is Supercross 2

8 is traction 3

9 is traction 4

10 is trail 2

IMO Map 7 is the best for indoor.

I also like the traction settings as well.

one or two settings rev higher than the others.

I can also hear some exhaust tone change on different settings too.

But heck,,What do I know :naughty: I'm deaf and blind :D

Wich one gived the most power on high rpm ?

#7> Supercross 2 :naughty: