Sign in to follow this  

Which Grips For DR650SE?

I just bought a 2002 DR650 from an "elderly" man who put the 70's style fat foam grips on it. Needless to say I'm not impressed and would like to get a good pair of aftermarket grips for her...what would you guys/gals recommend? Thanks, Bucky

Maybe gel? I say this because having removed my bar ends to fit the bike with bark busters,it has enough vibration to numb out my hands on a long ride. Been thinking about going gel as my stock grips are now getting loose.(probably from the death grip I had on them during the last dual sport ride 😢)

Mike.

I like OURY grips, I have 'em on both my bikes

They are nice and soft and grippy

I put over 4000 miles on my DR over the summer

I put Tusk aluminum bars (which I cut down to 30") and aluminum bark busters on it,

no numbing vibrations felt here

I guess I should have added that...he removed the stock bars for a nice set of renthal "McGraths" and removed the stock bar ends also. That's probably why he went to the mondo grips to quell vibration. Oh well, easy enough to get a set of bar ends to help the problem. I'll check out the grips you recommend and we'll see what happens. Thanks, Bucky

You might want to check out the Pro Grip gel. They are not much fatter than the hard, skinny stock grips, and absorb vibration much better. Reasonably priced, too.

Superannuated

may i suggest that you fill the bars with bb's for a bb gun, then use whatever grips you want. 😢