Sign in to follow this  

This CRF250X is a pain to work on!

I've worked on a lot of bikes....but this thing must have been designed by the same guy who did Saab's waterpumps!( Anyone who has changed one of those knows what misery is!)

Do you think they could have hidden that carb any better? I swear they built the frame around the carb!

What is with all these spacers for the plastic? Everytime I remove a bolt there is a spacer bouncing off under the work bench. Hint: every other mfgr. has the spacers built in to the plastic.

What is up with the 4 inch long tranny drain? And why does it have to be in an area that just makes a mess? I have a Man-funnel on the way.

And don't get me going on the tranny filler hole! Could it be any smaller?

And Honda still hasn't figured out that an air filter should be a little smaller than the hole it has to come out of! My 73 Elsinore was just as bad. 😢

The overall fit and finish on the bike is nice...but I want to cry every time I have to work on it...like trying to get the jetting dialed.

😢 Couldn't agree more. Luckily my first stab at re-jetting the bike was spot-on. I very quickly developed a love/hate relationship with the Honda. Its strong points are strong, but the weak points are unbelievably aggravating.