Sign in to follow this  

Elkins Flat-no, Clear Creek-no, Hollister- Oh well, I guess.

Well, I started out the week thinking I was going to Elkins, then it looked like Clear Creek would be better, now it looks like Hollister. Since I'm not totally over my cold and my friends are going to Hollister, I guess I'm going down there tomorrow. Elkins or Clear Creek will probably be awesome tomorrow, I just don't have it in me to drive 6 hours this weekend.

Instead of riding 100 miles, I think we'll spend some time making some new jumps and taking pictures. I know mxchic will be happy if I saw the end off that fallen tree she ran into! I know we won't be able to move it since it's been run into by several people and hasn't moved an inch.

I'll be in my brown and tan Chevy pickup, if anyone else is down there stop by or keep an eye out for #16.

John

Have fun. 😢 So, your getting rid of the tree? I think I kind of bonded with it after that second fall. 😢 I will miss it. 😢 Maybe next time I see you, you can teach me how to ride those straight up and down wheelies. 😢 You look like you have been riding forever.

I don't think I will miss that much but it sure made that a technical hiil climb.Ya that tree is pretty heavy it does'nt move I remember well. 😢 :thumbsup:Sure was fun though!!!!!! :excuseme:Thanks John

So is the log still there?

Any good pics?

I stopped by on saturday to test my new P-38 lightening and the YZ seems to run better start easier, but still not perfect.

Didn't seem as crowded as the week before. Maybe everyone was at the bike show?

Maybe next time I see you, you can teach me how to ride those straight up and down wheelies.

Like these you mean?

IMG_2897small.jpg

No problem, you'll be standing that KX100 up in no time! Better make sure you have a spare rear fender, you might need it after the lessons are over!

Just like anything else, it's practice, practice, practice. I have been riding for a little while, I have a picture of me riding wheelie on a Kawasaki 75 taken somewhere around 1974 but I couldn't find it. I'm not the greatest rider out there, but I have taught a few things to the people I've ridden with over the years. If you want to learn how to jump better, I guarantee you'll be jumping further and higher after a few minutes of "coaching". If there's one thing I'm good at, it's jumping!

So is the log still there?

Yes guys, the log is gone! I brought my trusty little saw with me and chopped about 3 feet off the end of it. The hill was perfect on Sunday, but the rest of the park was pretty dry. We need more rain! We did get a good day's riding in, I was with 3 other guys, 2 of which are pretty fast riders. I also met up with 2 other guys I ride the grass tracks with, very fast guys on CRF450's. They had a track going around the Lower Field that was about a mile long, awesome off-camber turns and 60+ mph straightaways. What a blast!

I had my camera with so we took a few hundred shots on the Vintage Track and up on the grass track. I'll post a couple when I get a chance. It's pretty cool to see the pics the other guys posted from Clear Creek, I wish I would have gone down there!

I'll get back to you Dave when I know what we're doing this weekend. We were supposed to go down to Hollister this Thursday and Friday, but I think we might go to Yosemite instead. Depends on the weather. I'll let you know.

It was nice riding with you guys, I'm sure we'll meet up again.

John

Nice pic!!! 😢 Heck, if I am going to try that, I will just take off my rear fender. 😢

Nice wheelie!

I'm going to try and get my mom to take some pics at various places Around Hollister. Nice thing about the quad is it carries more, so a camera, etc is no problem.

Now that I got a season pass to Hollister for $50, I'll probably be there more often. The pass is good for Carnegie too, but Carnegie is no fun when wet, and has no shade in the summer.

Amber if you take the fender off I think you'll loop it, I've seen people save a wheelie by the fender stoping them from looping it. The fender usually gets torn, I think that why he suggested you have a spare.

Cheers,

Hey Dave, we'll be down at Hollister tomorrow (the 11th). I doubt if I'll be back down there when you're there.

Camping pretty much anywhere at Hollister has been ok lately because it gets so crowded. When the designated campground areas are full up, they can't tell you that you can't camp elsewhere. I've seen it so crowded they actually have to turn big rigs (motorhomes and trailers) away because there's no place for them to park.

The only thing about Radio Ridge is you can't have a campfire, unless you use the pit at the end of the road, I'm not sure that's ok though. Same with the front parking lot, you can park there overnight, you just can't have a campfire.

Have fun.

Here's a little bike wheelie for you guys...

John

IMG_1885.jpg

Is that an XR100?

Since I'm taking 8 days off before Thanksgiving, probably can't take tommorrow off. 😢

I'm hoping to get a ride in at Chappie OHV. Its been a long time since I rode there:

o 9/25/99 Chappie Trip

o 12/11/99 Chappie Trip

o 12/26/99 Chappie Trip

Since 9/11 they closed access to Shasta Dam, and most of my old Redding ridding buddies seem to go up less and we just ride down here more. 😢

Well John, if you ever want to ride up there, let me know.

Cheers,

I,m Ready for hollister again.Hope it,s ready for me! How bout you Amber.I want to try John,s Hill again without the log so I can hit that jump a little better instead of the log.I hit the log harder than the jump!Oh well it was fun. 😢 :cry: 😢

Dave, I was just kidding about the fender. 😢

Jeff, I am ready for Hollister. Actually I was ready on Monday. I think was having withdrawls from not riding this weekend. It is raining pretty good right now, that hill may be a mess. John say that area get pretty sloppy in the rain and you usually can't ride over there. Oh, well we will see. I don't care as long as were our there. 😢

If its wet usually the lower part will get closed, and even if its open the clay soil isn't much fun. The upper part gets better with water to a point I guess. I don't think we are there yet though.

Give me a call if your coming down, if I don't answser my cell, I'm probably already there. 😢

Cheers,

OH ya lets get muddy that slick stuff sounds like fun if you ask me.Can,t wait.Just don't ride to close behind me.That new knobby will kill you I here. 😢 :cry: 😢