Sign in to follow this  

Whats the weather like in Moab this time of year?

Thinking about heading to Moab next week for 4 days. My bro who lives in Bountiful Utah just bought a motor home and has been hiting me up on coming down for a few days. I have been down there a few times usually in March, its a blast. Whats the weather like this time of year in Moab and what does the weather report show.

The weather is usually good in the Autumn, just like in the Spring. Ideal!

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USUT0165

Some of the trails may be dustier than they are in the spring, since they have gone all summer with little rain and lots of people using the trails. But other than that, I think Autumn is about the same as Spring.

Cool, thanks for the link. Even though it looks kinda cold, I can never resist the urge to down there.

I have found that 50-65 degrees is great for biking. You may need a light jacket, but it makes for good riding weather. Much hotter than that and I sweat too much riding most of the trails around Moab.

I just got back from a Moab weekend.

Cold in the mornings, warm in the afternoons! It was great riding weather, especially if you wait until about 9 before heading out.

I was just there over Halloween weekend. That's the latest in the year that I have been out there. The weather was great. It was good to have a jacket along most days, was chilly at speed. But the sun was out, temps in the upper 60's durring the day and 40-50ish at night. The trails were just damp enough to keep the dust to a minimum but not muddy. Perfect! Saw a little rain one night.

Bring lots of firewood and enjoy the crisp evenings next to a toasty fire. 😢

We did a Thanksgiving trip to Moab last year. It was cold and some snow in the shade but it was still great! We are headed back this Tday. Looks like there is less snow and warmer temps, can't wait!!!

I was there this past weekend. Lows in the 30's with some heavy moisture/dew. Highs in the 50's. There was apparently a lot of rain the previous week because we made first tracks almost everywhere we went on established trails. All potholes were holding water. All drainages were washed clean. It was nearly Nirvana!

Except we tried to go to 5MOH but the road in was 2-3" of greasy mud and our truck didn't like it at all, so we turned around at first chance and went elsewhere.