Sign in to follow this  

Which Service Manual is Best??

I got a Clymer and would do it again. I had no idea what I was doing when I first purchased it. I have heard that the Clymer is a bit more for the guys like me who are just learning. I think the factory would work, too. Just get one and you will be happy you did. 😢

I have a factory manual and the Clymer and both are pretty good but the factory manual is more detailed, it shows you how to install new valve guides, and how to cut the valve seat etc.. The factory manual has a big picture on the first page of the chapter with all the torques for all the bolts and lists the torques after each step, while the Clymer has tables in the back of the chapter and everywhere in the chapter says to look at the table. I like the factory manual better, but It depends on how much your going to be doing with it since it cost twice as much.

Joel

The CDrom factory honda Manual is also very good. Very detailed.

Just check it out on the computer, print out what ever you want, and then throw it in the bin when your finished!

The Clymer manual for my XR4 did not go into servicing the internals of my shock. The Honda manual has all of the gory details. Go factory.

Factory, any year from "96" to current would work, no major changes during that span.